Procurement Specialist New Energies
The focus of this role will be to work as one with the New Energies CP Team to deliver operational contracts to the respective New Energies business lines, enabling Hydrogen and New Fuels Business to achieve their goals at speed with easier, faster contracting.
----> You will be responsible for the execution of the Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned portfolio in collaborate with: Shell stakeholders in development / execution of procurement strategies with the aim of value maximization.
- [Pre-award Phase]- Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal/Purchase Orders. Align with Business/Function priorities to deliver on the business plan.
- [Post-award Phase]- Finance Operations, Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal, HSSE, ERP Requisition to Payment teams to ensure that all purchases are compliant with the CMCP process and are delivered within business timelines.
The successful candidate will display the following behaviors, as they will enable the candidate to be successful in this challenging role: proactive delivery, flexibility, drive, strong communication skills. The role will require occasional travel to both strengthen teamwork and build business intimacy. The successful candidate will be expected to develop functional and, most importantly, industry skills while in this role, presenting a great opportunity for growth and career progression within this fast-growing business area. This portfolio of New Energies CP activities will provide the opportunity for the right candidate to move into the more complex, commercial contracting space working directly with New Energies business partners.
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results in a commercial environment
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player with the ability to build long term relationships
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities-
- Analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Good communications and inter-personal skills
- Good commercial sense and understanding of procurement
- Fluent English (written & oral)
- Demonstrate understanding of the Group CMCP process and commercial contract management technique
- Knowledge of ERP systems is a plus, for example SAP, Blueprint and SERP
New Energies capital investment and opex of >$1bln spend; Scope of New Energies: Wind, Solar, New Fuels and Energy Solutions, Digital Business, Strategy & Portfolio, City Solutions and Shell Ventures. Value Delivery: operational contract management, compliance requirements, setting and executing sourcing activities E2E across multiple businesses.
New Energies is a growing business, with a lot of operational/tactical contract requirements, NDAs, vendor creations, FI payment requirements, and operational support required to aid this growth.
The New Energies CP Ops team is a winning proposition and a critical success factor for the growth of the New Energies business.