Product Manager Instruction & Allocation
The Product Manager, Instruction & Allocation will support the Sr. Portfolio Manager Legal & Cross Functions & IDT Manager, Legal in the execution of the Product delivery as aligned to the business vision, guiding decision-making and
oversight of the Product life cycle for Legal Business.
The Product Manager is a pivotal member of the Product team responsible for the value delivery of the Legal Online Product to Legal business.
The Product Manager will collaborate with the Product Owner to set the product vision, bring forward the best technology/solutions to solve business problems (e.g. technology and innovation funnels), co-creates the product roadmap and success metrics. The Product Manager will also fulfil the product lifecycle within Enterprise compliance and controls framework, creates value delivery through product development, performs financial management, and sets the right product environment and mindset for the product team thus enabling Legal to deliver value- and risk differentiated and cost-effective service offerings within a supply-led delivery model, providing an intuitive user experience.
The Product Manager is a vital member within Legal and Cross Functions Business IDT and will focus primarily on the Product delivery of Legal Online with ServiceNow Product LSD. The Product Manager will interact with a variety of key Business and IT stakeholders.
The key basic functions of the role involve:
Product Management : An ambassador of the Product from conception through production and final launch demonstrating strong commercial acumen and industry/market curiosity. Critical thinking abilities to test the desirability, viability, feasibility and operability throughout the lifecycle of the product. Drives Product Management through talented individuals & multi-disciplinary teams enriching product delivery through KPI’s, market trends, partner ecosystems and competitive strategies. Frames what success looks like and ensure the Product team understand and apply Product success metrics to their work.
Product Vision & Leadership: Curates, communicates, and manages a long-term product roadmap by analysing external and internal data to identify gaps and opportunities. Sets the direction for the Product aligned to the business strategic goals and drives Product vision and agreed KPI’s. Drive ‘scale and replicate’ interventions pursuing technology automation and optimising initiatives across the product to focus on higher-value cases, reducing time and effort spent (re)allocating work, increasing transparency, avoiding delays.
Governance: Drives, through the cross-functional natural team, compliance to agreed technical Enterprise standards, promoting understanding of architectural roadmaps into the Product team. Engages and utilizes the cross-functional natural team to manage risk and assures product management in line with agreed ways of working, soliciting input from stakeholders as required in line with the prevailing product framework and practices
Value Generation: Drive rigour in OKR & KPI fulfilment through investment discipline across the product lifecycle with Product Owners and transformational leads in Legal and able to transform Legal from intacke to insight. Seeks user value and understands how to translate this into commercial value for Shell across the Product lifecycle. Reprioritises where Product development is not fulfilling success metrics or target value yields (qualitative or quantitative). Co-creates with the Product Owner a compelling vision for the product through intimate understanding and appreciation of the market, business value stream, and user/customer journey.
Relationship Management: Work tightly with Snr Portfolio Managers, IDT Managers and other Product Managers across the IT business portfolio to Promotes a culture of experimentation within the Product team as well as the use of ‘scale and replicate’ techniques within the Product by sourcing what’s good from elsewhere across the Product landscape and corresponding technology stack. Role-models, champions, and advocates for collaborative and open ways of working and behaviours built on trust and driven by empathy.
Business Intelligence: Demonstrate deep understanding and has a firm grasp of the target personas, market conditions, and user behaviour. Ensures team is developing a methodology that combines the best practices of product management, agile development, and analytics and business intelligence. Drive heavy use of business owner and consumer insights to inform product vision and actionable roadmaps, bringing additional business domain knowledge and external perspectives into products.
Innovation: Champion meaningful investment with forward thinking approach in building product roadmaps within the product. Recognizes and shares “soft trends” and “hard trends,” to enable smart decisions to drive Product maturity and lead Product direction. Drives innovation opportunities that can identify limitations, earn new trends and increase effectiveness and efficiency of the product. Transforms the way Legal operates, moving from a demand-led model based on relationships and bespoke engagement to a supply-led model.
• 10+ yrs of total experience of which 5+ yrs in a leadership position
• Proven leadership skills, with vast experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams
• Must have out of the box thinking
• Proven ability to master the complexity of interactions, demonstrating strong communication skills, among IT, digital and business stakeholders
• Demonstrated abilities in building strong knowledge of the business to understand and prioritise strategic business requirements.
• Good understanding of digital capabilities and the value they can deliver to Shell.
• Practical experience of working in and with techniques such as agile, scrum, lean start-up or design thinking and in creation of Minimum Viable Products/Propositions (MVPs)
• Results-oriented, ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Able to manage and be comfortable dealing with fully formed products, proofs of concepts and experiments.
• Ability to deliver through others
• Has a greater risk appetite to be able to drive new and innovative proposition, be able to identify those risks and ensure that the business understands, accepts and signs up to those risks.
• Can learn quickly and is adaptable
• Innate curiosity about consumer problems and ways of resolving them for commercial reward through technological innovation
• Balanced commercial, business, and technical skill
• Strong empathetic characteristics, with collaborative style, and has the ability to build strong and trusted relationships and networks
• Ability to inspire others to action and drive quality and pace in equal measure to enable successful outcomes
• Confident with data and use of consumer and commercial insights to inform the Product vision and roadmap
• Experience in developing business cases and managing investment budgets