Product Owner Telematics
The Retail Fleet Solutions business has been an established player in the fuel card industry for many decades. Fleet Solutions has embarked on a journey of accelerated growth. One of the key growth pillars in our strategy is driving revenues out of mobility services. Customer needs are becoming more complex.
Shell Telematics allows our customers to monitor all their vehicle and Shell Card data through one simple platform. By integrating their data they can cut down administration time and costs, and all their insights are available through a user-friendly portal and app. Enabling fleet managers to monitor their vehicles and drivers like never before, while enhancing efficiency and safety, fleet management solutions can lead to significant financial savings.
Software as a Service (SaaS) marks a shift from traditional software applications that a user pays for up front, installs on their own computer hardware and is infrequently updated, to new delivery and payment methods.
The Digital and Marketing Technology Integration (DMTI) team was created in 2017 in recognition that the line between business and technology are blurring, and to help the business provide a superior digital customer experience as well as address opportunities around digital transformation. Whilst the team sits within Retail Marketing, it has business accountability across B2C, Shell Fleet Solutions and parts of Global Commercial.
This role is completely focused on supporting the delivery of digital opportunities within Fleet Solutions where we want to become the ‘Amazon of business mobility’. As also communicated in the Fleet Solutions webcast, at Shell we are a growing business and we are tasked to drive the energy transition for our customers in business mobility. We all know that the only path to growth is through Customers, existing and new.
Keeping that growth mindset in mind, this job is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of Fleet Solutions efforts to transform the business into ‘the ‘Customers 1st choice for sustainable mobility solutions.
- This is a digital product owner role being responsible for – Telematics and 3rd Party SAAS Services
- Scaling up the product across the Fleet hub markets by Pushing for global scalable solutions
- Responsible for the digital customer experience for telematics working with agencies and multiple delivery partners
- Responsible to conduct gap analysis of customer touchpoints to understand where we are and where we want to be.
- Owning the product backlog and aligning with CVP owners
- Working with IT Product Manager to ensure delivery of product backlog items
- Support roll out plans with local markets and Business Readiness teams
- Driving the multi-channel approach for these service (Shell Mobility Hub, System to System and ecosystems)
- Managing digital partnerships
- Delivering an excellent customer experience: gathering customer feedback, understanding customer journey, their frictions and how to address it
- Develop product supporting digital assets such as training videos, digital content,
- Scout for interesting start-ups / partners and win them over to join Shell telematics ecosystem
- Manage interface with other digital ventures to maintain alignment and effectively utilize common Group resources
- Telematics is seen as a fast growing and scalable growth opportunity that has been recently launched in 6 markets and is being scaled to 12 markets by Q1, 2021.
- You will be influencing a multi-million $ development budget across IT and CF business over the next few years.
Skills & Requirements
- Preferably understanding of Fleet Solutions Business with strong focus on B2B customers & delivery
- Strong Project Management skills and familiar with Agile ways of working
- Understanding of and experience of customer centric, design thinking led approaches
- Highly motivated and proactive with strong sense of accountability & delivery
- Self-starter with experience of working and leading with an ambiguous remit, with the ability to pivot / change to different solutions
- Knowledgeable and/or interested in technology with understanding of B2B business. Willing to learn about the digitalization and eagerness to contribute into the monetization journey of our B2B products
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Good stakeholder management and relationship building with cross-functional teams and local markets.
- Strong communication skills and experience working virtually across geographies with different cultures
- English C1