Product Owner Tolls
EETS is short for the European Electronic Tolling Service. The Service is regulated by Directive which addresses the interoperability of electronic tolling in the European Union and foresees that every road user will have access to electronic tolling across the continent using one contract and one on-board unit.
The Digital and Marketing Technology Integration (DMTI) team was created in 2017 in recognition that the line between business and technology are blurring, and to help the business provide a superior digital customer experience as well as address opportunities around digital transformation. Whilst the team sits within Retail Marketing, it has business accountability across B2C, Shell Fleet Solutions and parts of Global Commercial.
This role is completely focused on supporting the delivery of digital opportunities within Fleet Solutions where we want to become the ‘Amazon of business mobility’. We all know that the only path to growth is through Customers, existing and new. We do not sell fuel or road services or telematics. We sell reliability and kilometers or miles at the best cost. And this cost is not the price of the fuel, is the cost to operate a fleet, the impact of our fuel quality on consumption and reliability, the better experience for drivers at Shell sites, our fraud detection programs, best in industry account management and customer service, peace of mind that our systems work 99.99% of the time, our professional credit management
Keeping that growth mindset in mind, this job is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of Fleet Solutions efforts to transform the business into ‘the ‘Customers 1st choice for sustainable mobility solutions.
- This is a digital product owner role being responsible for EETS & Value-Added Services – Services enabled by tolls like GPS (track and trace) as this is an additional workstream that utilizes tolling data and other tolling services
- Scaling up the product across the Fleet hub markets by Pushing for global scalable solutions
- Ensure that a customer-friendly digital front end is available for user registration of all services and a Tolls reporting feature is in place for the customers
- Responsible for the digital customer experience for tolls working with agencies and multiple delivery partners
- Owning the product backlog & Aligning with CVP owners
- Working as a gatekeeper between the IT & Business teams to translate the business requirements into IT-enabled deliverables
- Aligning roll out plans with local markets and Business Readiness teams.
- Supporting the digital pilots if and when required
- Driving the multi-channel approach for these service (Shell Mobility Hub, System to System and ecosystems)
- Managing digital partnerships/pilots with selected 3rd parties’ integrations into mobility hub
- Being one of the strategical priorities of Fleet Solutions going forward, needs to work closely with Telematics Product Owner.
Skills & Requirements
- Preferably understanding of Fleet Solutions Business with strong focus on B2B customers & delivery
- Previous product management, project management and/or development experience with a good track record of delivery
- Knowledgeable and/or interested in technology with understanding of B2B business. Willing to learn about the digitalization and eagerness to contribute into the monetization journey of our B2B products
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Good stakeholder management and relationship building with cross-functional teams and local markets.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and virtual environment, and to collaborate with and influence global teams.
- Highly motivated and proactive with strong sense of accountability
- Solid understanding of Agile ways of working
- Strong presentation/communication skills, with proven record of effectively presenting stakeholders
- Ability to listen but also influence, and flexibility about the space he/she operates in.
- English C1.