Senior Buyer - Mid Shift
Shell Projects & Technology provides technical services, technology capability and major project delivery in both Upstream and Downstream activities. We also deliver differentiating technical information technology and drive research and innovation to create technology solutions for tomorrow.
Within Shell Projects & Technology, our Contracting & Procurement Operations (CP Ops) Delivery Teams are responsible for procuring non-hydrocarbon goods and services from third parties on behalf of our Downstream, Upstream, and GCS organizations. CP Ops works in partnership with each business to consolidate our Spend and manage supplier relationships to enhance our purchasing power to deliver value and significant financial benefits to the Business. Our focused and assertive Sourcing strategies serve to continually optimize market opportunities.
This role provides the successful candidate an opportunity to see various parts of the Trading & Supply businesses through a CP lens and to demonstrate such imperative Group behaviors as Commercial Mindset, External Focus and Speed of delivery. The role has a direct impact on delivery of business cost improvement through 3rd Party Spend management. The main focus will be on Sourcing and Contract management with Supplierand maximizing Value generation (creation and preservation) from dedicated categories.
By joining this CP Ops team, you will be part of a dynamic, challenging and leading edge Procurement Team. This is a challenging and rewarding role.
- Setting and executing sourcing activities end to end across multiple Businesses/Functions
- Manage a Medium complexity and Medium-touch Contract portfolio
- Develop, tender and negotiate contracts in line with the Business Demand
- Demonstrate HSSE behaviors in dealings with colleagues/contractors
- Strategically manage Tail-end Spend by working in close coordination with Enterprise Category Managers and CP in the Business (CPiB) colleagues
- Maximize value from Tactical and Operational contracts and leverage existing contracts across the organization to save time and money for the business
- Channel Management – Instruct the business on the proper ways to buy as per corporate policies without compromising our commitment to business value delivery.
- Ensure continuity of supply through managing ad-hoc business requirements in accordance with Tail-spend Management principles
- Work with stakeholders within Trading & Supply and Midstream, Functions (e.g. Finance, HR), CP colleagues from other classes of business and across Organizational boundaries to deliver substantial value by:
- Creating a deeper business partnership within the scope of the role focused to deliver maximum business value
- Developing and executing fit-for-purpose commercial strategies and work plans for Tactical and Operational spend, aligned with CMCP guidelines and with CPiB and Category Management strategies
- Utilize market knowledge and business drivers to develop and execute fit-for-purpose commercial strategies and work plans for Tactical and Operational spend, aligned with CMCP guidelines
- Provide a strong commercial influence with optimizing demand and specifications
- Support Manage the Tail initiatives and rationalize the number of Contracts/Suppliers
- Develop and share best practices and external market dynamics to deliver value
- Identify, develop, and implement Continuous Improvement (CI) opportunities to streamline and improve performance
- Work withing CP and with other functions to streamline processes, making them simpler but compliant
- Ensure compliance with all Ethics & Compliance and Shell Control Framework requirements in the CP process
- Deliver cost savings through the lenses of TCO
- HSSE, Tactical & Operational Contract Management, Compliance, E2E operational excellence
- Minimum 4-years professional experience (incl. at least 2-years of experience in either Sourcing or Contract Negotiations, or both). Experience with RtP is an advantage.
- Commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from deals.
- Ability to find alternative ways to deliver value (beyond price negotiations).
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & tender evaluation.
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Bachelor / Master degree in Law (especially Trade Law) Business, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or related discipline(s)
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba and RtP process is beneficial
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities and legal aspects
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and in teams
- Fluent in English (written & oral), comfortable to express ideas and hold discussions with native speakers
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Communication, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability.
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- Working Hours: second shift (13.30 – 22.00) are extra paid