Wells Cost Engineer
- Contract management, cost monitoring and performance reporting
Cooperate with C&P and RTP Teams to optimize post award contract maintenance and performance monitoring.
Identify, flag and discuss with Wells business opportunities for cost reduction and contract performance improvement.
Day to day monitoring of contract performance and delivery of credible estimates for Value of Work Done (VoWD) accrual process.
Oversight of effectiveness of RTP process, advise on potential improvements and challenge missing process elements required for effective and efficient contract costs management (e.g. service entries, materials receipts, etc.).
Verification of cost commitments against project Acceptance for Expenditure.
Actively cooperate with Wells Business and Wells Finance in Aberdeen and other Cost Controllers in Krakow.
- Project cost management
Understand the company’s and project specific control framework and cost controlling procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
Contribute to design of standard Wells UK ERP project structure allowing effective and efficient project cost monitoring.
Act as Finance representative during daily/weekly/monthly Wells operational meetings.
Liaise with Budget Holders to assure effective use of the company’s capital (timely identification of overestimates as well as early warnings on overspent).
Plan financial progress of the project and related cost controlling which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress, change impact assessment, etc.
Report on project performance, identified opportunities and threats to Project Team, Wells Function and Upstream.
Support Wells reconciliation process by ensuring timely finalization of invoicing process.
Advise on allocation keys to be used for shared costs and overheads, document justification for chosen method and monitor its effectiveness.
Work with Finance Colleagues to align on total Wells picture at OU/LoB level.
- Governance, Risk and Assurance
Understand the Risk Management Process and works with the business to identify and mitigate long and short term risks and opportunities (TECOP).
Ensure compliance with the Cost Estimating Manual, ORS, GWDP (Global Well Delivery Process).
- CI Focus
Drive CI in the organization, develop and maintain CI capability.
Drive CI in cost controlling space with aim to reduce man-hours spent on key processes.
- UK/Ireland Wells is the custodian of a number of opportunities to allow the UK/Ireland business to realise production opportunities within its dynamic portfolio;
- Active drill strings in Operated;
- Opportunity to support Group Flagship and Emerging Flagship Projects;
- Highly dynamic wells business environment;
- Opportunity to work virtually with dynamic Finance Operations team for finance delivery to the business.
- Professionally qualified Cost Engineer, Well Engineer or Finance Specialist with O&G experience;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the field of cost control, project controlling in O&G sector;
- Thorough understanding of projects management environment allowing quality cost (budget) control;
- Proven experience in the Upstream business, Cost Control, Project Accounting and Wells Business Partnering are advantageous;
- Financial acumen and strong business partnering skills allowing to build effective professional relations as well as challenge the Business to think through strategic issues and value opportunities;
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of working closely with and influencing other staff at all levels within Finance and the O&G Business;
- Enthusiastic high energy individual that is keen to work in an area that operates at the very heart of the Operated Upstream business;
- Able to work independently, taking initiative for own work and that of other staff where appropriate. Strong self-starting capabilities;
- Willingness for hands-on involvement in solving day-to-day and significant unusual problems;
- Advanced experience knowledge of MS Office and experience;
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply!