Business Operational Controls Analyst
Where you fit in
Shell will lead the way as a key energy partner for customers, governments, and suppliers, in the Energy Transition and has committed to very ambitious targets to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050 or sooner.
Renewables & Energy Solutions (R&ES) and Shell Energy businesses have the ambition to substantially grow the European B2B and Power supply and sales portfolio, with a strong focus on supporting customers and partners in their journey towards their carbon emissions reduction and sustainability targets.
R&ES B2B is the sole European customer-facing business for Power & Gas sales towards Corporate & Industrial customers in Shell. Within this business the Commercial Delivery and Operations Function plays a critical role in ensuring that processes and systems are implemented effectively, so that we meet our customers’ needs as efficiently as possible. Current focus markets are Italy, Germany, UK, the Netherlands, and Spain but with ambition to grow into other geographies in the future.
What’s the role?
As a Business Operational Controls Analyst, you will take on an important role partnering with the business to define operational controls across all the B2B business units to ensure compliance with the business operating model. You will support the management structure in constructing key quantifiable measures to assess the health of the business’s operating model. You will ensure all key handovers between operational teams are able to be measured against SLAs and/or KPIs. The role will lead the data driven design to draw out optimizations across the business and help surface control issues. The role will be pivotal in supporting the Management Information needed by the senior leadership team to monitor operational excellence. This role reports to the Operational Transformation Lead. The Operational Transformation team is a new team created to support Shell’s B2B growth ambitions and decarbonization targets through operational excellence.
The role will be accountable for the following activities:
- Partnering with business team leads to identify and define operational control points.
- Partnering with IT to develop a tool to display and measure all KPIs (key performance indicators) and KCIs (key control indicators) in a management dashboard.
- Accountable for ensuring data feeds into the MI dashboard are maintained working with the Commercial data analyst and IT teams. Ensuring the controls data is consistently available to support the growing needs of the business.
- Alignment with project workstreams and organisational changes to ensure the business operational control sets remain up to date and aligned with the business operating model.
- Supporting R&ES Operational teams and the B2B leadership team to produce business KIPs and KCPs to monitor operational controls across the B2B business. Goal is to support the operating model, which should be a core enabler to supporting business growth and development targets.
- Required to partner with staff based in other regions & hubs.
What we need from you?
We are keen to speak from individuals with substantial experience in business operations / operational controls. Gas/Power B2B business experience is desirable.
We also hope you possess the following skills and experience:
- Power BI knowledge
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills to work alongside the business, IT and other departments within Shell to deliver on commitments through others
- Pragmatic, solution-driven & can-do mentality
- Ability to create business value & scalability through KPI and KCI driven design
- A passion for solving complex problems where commercial activity, process and technology intersect
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.