Business Process and Controls Advisor
This is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of the Shell Energy – Europe & Environmental Products (SE-EE) that has very dynamic and highly complex regulatory and internal operations landscape.
Where you fit in
The purpose of the Trading & Supply (T&S) business is to maximize sustained value creation across commodity markets in support of overarching RDS objectives of material cash generation and a high return on capital.
In line with overall T&S strategy the purpose of Shell Energy - Europe & Environmental Products (SE-EE) is to drive the energy transition through to net carbon zero, whilst maximising shareholder returns.
The SE-EE Control/Risk SME is a key member of the SE-EE Business Integration Assurance (BIA) team responsible for process and control design and improvement. They work closely with their counterparts in other T&S businesses and in the central T&S BIA team.
What’s the role
• A member of the SE-EE BIA team reporting to the SE-EE BIAM
• Designs and develops business process and control improvements to enable the delivery of business objectives and that meet the requirements of the T&S Process Standards and Risk Management Framework
• Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, SMEs in LoD2 and the central process and controls team in Commercial Operations.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of T&S Process Standards.
• Design and optimise processes (incl. data and technology advancements), including process improvements.
• Maintain a taxonomy and architecture of business processes in line with T&S Process Standards
• Working with Risk Type Advisors in LoD2, design, document and implement business controls that effectively and efficiently mitigate risk and that meet the requirements of the T&S Risk Management Framework.
• Contribute to the design of common T&S processes and controls and support their embedding within SE-EE.
• Design and implement relevant metrics to measure the design and operating effectiveness of processes and associated controls.
• Monitor reported Learning Events (CLEs) and implement process and control improvements to alleviate risk of reoccurrence.
• Support the completion of a comprehensive and holistic Business Risk and Control Assessment (RCA) through analysis of existing processes and controls and the creation of an impact assessment for potential control failures.
• Support audits and reviews performed Shell Internal Audit, external auditors and regulators.
• Manage and work with consultants and other external service providers.
What we need from you
The candidate will be expected to:
• Have strong communication and influencing skills
• Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Be able to work virtually in a global environment
• Be able to manage uncertainty and ambiguity
• Be capable of managing conflicting priorities and deliver significant business improvement under tight timelines
• Have a commercial mindset, able to balance process and control improvements with the need to deliver and protect commercial value
• Be able to quickly master the complexities of end-to-end energy trading processes and systems
• Demonstrate process and controls expertise and bring knowledge of best practise from modern trading environments
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shellwillbenefitand innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by marketcapitalisation, andmake a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.