Digital Business Analyst
Where you fit in?
The Digital Business Analyst acts as a right hand of the Agile Hub Leadership and the Product Owners/Managers.
Focus on business viability and prioritising for value, helping to translate the vision, priorities and constraints into testable financial hypotheses and/or requirements for the Hub. Assess the “size of the prize” and what would need to be true to realise it.
What’s the role?
The activities of the Analyst are centralized around planning & control, budget management, change management, reporting and product quality control.
- Understand the key elements required to set up an IT project and work closely with PMs and other parties to ensure smooth set up. Ensure PDF compliance through setting up appropriate repositories and data entries, maintaining quality data, and making sure that required deliverables are created, reviewed, and approved.
- Work with project managers to build project plans and maintain plans, schedules, and resource allocation throughout the life of projects.
- Produce project reports and ensure that status reporting is fit for purpose, complete, timely, accurate, and communicated effectively.
- Forecast projects utilizing resource plans provided by Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
- Ensure project finances are aligning according to plan, submit project Actuals monthly.
- Effectively use tools like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project, Visio), PPM, and required templates to create and manage project deliverables.
- Creates financial business cases for product, defines KPIs, and measures product success metrics.
- Models financial processes and creates a deeper understanding of the business landscape.
What we need from you?
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following:
- Significant years of relevant experience in a finance role.
- Experience with finance and business modeling.
- Attention to data quality; clear and concise reporting.
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities.
- Must have a good understanding of project management tools/software such as PPM and Spotfire.
- Highly skilled in Excel is a must, proficiency in SharePoint and Microsoft Office is required.
- Comfortable interacting with and able to communicate clearly with senior stakeholders.
- Have an understanding of the implications of technology on projects.
- Curious to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking.
- Experience and ambition extends into lean and human-centred design & innovation as well as the latest technologies and digital trends and initiatives.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.