E-Mobility Application Scientist
Where you fit in
Shell is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic E-Mobility Application Scientist (m/f/d) to join the global E-Mobility Application Team.
Shell is developing into a leader in electric mobility and is deploying its global network of chargers for electric vehicles, covering the whole range of charging equipment from AC chargers at home to high power chargers at Shell forecourts in one ecosystem, with a goal of 500,000 Shell operated charge points by 2025.
Our E-Mobility Application team supports the technology development of attractive E- Mobility offers with an emphasis upon developing new and innovative options; nurturing the understanding of the scientific and mechanistic aspects of work undertaken, with the goal of closing technology gaps, providing new technology insights, and generating tangible product options; generating IP and business value for the global Mobility business through our Shell Recharge brand.
Potential candidates will be part of the global team located in Hamburg, Shanghai, Houston, and London.
What’s the role?
As an E-Mobility Application Scientist you will be responsible for:
- The development of new advanced and smart charging solutions, which will enable Shell to be a profitable player in E-Mobility, e.g. V2X, inductive charging, AC/DC standards
- The technical foundation of the rollout of Shell’s charging infrastructure in key markets (US, China, EU)
- Global e-mobility research and development and technical service projects, working with different Shell businesses
- Working externally with OEMs, suppliers, and universities, as our E-Mobility network is growing fast and needs further expansion
- Driving opportunities for commercialization of new technology by applying creativity and innovative thinking
- Working to high Health, Safety, and Environmental standard and encouraging the same in others
What we need from you?
- Hold a Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with relevant experience in electric mobility and project management. Applicants with equivalent combinations of education and experience in electric mobility and project management are also welcomed to apply
- Experience in developing e-mobility charging solutions, including communication protocols, charger technology, safety equipment
- Knowledge in vehicle technology, battery systems, micro grid and home energy applications is a plus
- Experience in intercultural stakeholder management, a learner mindset combined with a natural curiosity as well as a dynamic and collaborative work approach is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills plus excellent German and English verbal and written language skills (minimum B2 level) are required
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.