Front Office & Ops BA - Power
Where you fit in?
The ideal candidate can work as part of a global team with a strong track record of working as part of Power, Gas, LNG & Environmental Products (EP) trading business focusing on trading activities. They will have knowledge of the energy commodity trading life cycle from setting up counterparties in operations system, message communication with counterparties/ETRM application. They should have worked on various operations systems and possess good understanding of UK & European Market. They will have recent experience of delivering IT solutions to large consumers of European Power, Gas, LNG and Environmental Products and the supporting business processes that enables a business to serve customer needs. Knowledge of how the Power/Gas/LNG is bought from the wholesale market via a trading division, and working of ETRM Systems like Aligne/Endur would be an advantage
What is the role?
The Sr. Business Analyst is primarily responsible for leading the identification and documenting business requirements and working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options. The role is focused on Energy Commodity Trading & Operations, in addition to usage of Energy Trading & Risk Management Tools. There is an expectation it will encompass the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle from idea and inception to assisting the support team, once the solution is live, with expert knowledge.
What We Need from You
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following experience and qualificatio
- Extensive experience in non-retail processes and IT BA experience in the Power/Gas/LNG Trading
- Knowledge of Front Office & Back Office Processes
- Experience working with energy commodity Operations (Scheduling, Nomination, Forecasting, Actualization)
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options
- Experience in ETRM Systems (Aligne or Endur)
- Experience working in Agile project Delivery
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
- Team player and able to collaborate, proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the energy industry and energy trading
- Comfortable talking to business users and can translate business needs into tangible user stories or requirements
- Clear communicator and able to work in a multicultural/lingual environment
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.