IDT Advisor - Analytics and Data Services
What’s the role?
Shell is looking for a talented IT advisor to join the Analytics and Data Services team within the Energy Trading business. The IT Advisor role is a key role in the IT delivery team, responsible liaising with the business to help understands their requests and working closely with the business to align the IT portfolio plans and strategy with the business operating plans and strategy.
The Quant Analytics and Data Services team in Shell Trading is setup to help support the growth and increased sophistication of the analytics capabilities needed in trading. It supports a portfolio covering carbon, power, gas and LNG.
The IDT Advisor role provides support to the IDT Managers (IDTM) to deliver bottom line value to the business through implementation of innovative, new IT solutions and harvesting existing IT assets to enable the achievement of the business strategy, value drivers and KPIs.
The key focus areas of the IDTA role are:
Relationship Management: work closely together with business stakeholders to understand and influence how IT and the business can align strategic success goals, challenge the business to deliver value for IT dollars invested.
Business Intelligence: Understand the Business and Industry landscape, including strategic priorities, challenges and how this relates to the wider enterprise strategy and competitive landscape.
Integrated IT and Business Strategy: Understand the business strategy and work with the product teams and architecture to develop an IT strategy that supports it. Understand how IT is contributing to the business and help to present that connection back to business leadership.
IT Portfolio Management: manage business demand pipeline, capture business requirements and agree on business outcomes, ensure decisions consider the full lifecycle of the portfolio optimizing investments, operational costs, health and risks to drive business value.
Value Generation: Develops robust business cases with the business capturing IT expenditures, business changes and business benefits incorporating IT and business performance metrics, measurements and benefits.
Innovation: The IDTA is key in identifying and scoping opportunities for IT to support business outcomes, present new ideas to business stakeholders and to obtain business buy in.
Responsibility & Accountability:
- Elicit details of demands from stakeholders at all levels
- Refine and challenge demands and business cases to eliminate ambiguity, conflict and duplication and ensure that they fit with the business strategy
- Lead and document initial business demand workshops.
- Work with product owners, product managers and architecture on design options and potential systems and process solutions.
- Help the business sponsor to prepare business cases for prioritisation.
- Work with the business to ensure IT have a clear understanding of the business strategy
- Work with architecture to ensure they have the information they need to develop the architecture vision for the key products or systems in the portfolio
- Work with the product teams in their portfolio to ensure they have product roadmaps that support the business strategy
- Manage the process of developing the annual IT budgets by working with business and product teams and project managers to turn business demands or product roadmaps into deliverable resource plans
- Ensure that the plans and deliverables from the delivery teams are aligned with the business operating plan and key business outcomes
- Ensure the product and delivery teams are capturing and reporting the key business metrics that show how they are contributing to the business plan
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from the candidates with below skill set:
Essential Domain experience
- Extensive experience of working in multiple Energy trading environments.
- Experience of quantitative analysis, fundamental market modelling and deal pricing/valuation
- Deep understanding of data and data governance and the role it plays in making trading decisions
- Experience of the whole end to end deal lifecycle in trading – front to back office
- A Subject Mater Expert - capable of challenging assumptions and driving out the fundamental goals and priorities of the business.
Essential Leadership experience
- IT management, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management, analysis and problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership skills
- Working collaboration, team building, and customer service
- Working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from senior leaders
- Facilitating governance, portfolio reviews, and other related meetings
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Where do you fit?
- Capital Projects IT Lead The Hague, Netherlands, London, United Kingdom
- IM Advisor -Information Management Bengaluru, India, The Hague, Netherlands, London, United Kingdom, Houston, United States
- IT and Digital Strategy Consultant (London) London, United Kingdom
- IT Business Analyst - IRM London, United Kingdom
- Senior CFIN Functional Consultant London, United Kingdom
- IT Business Analyst - LNG Trading London, United Kingdom