IT Business Analyst - IRM
What’s the role?
Projects Business Analysis is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community.
This position has the following accountabilities:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Interact with software suppliers, designers, and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
- Create acceptance criteria and validate those solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding, and prioritization.
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
- Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas. Guide and manage interactions with technology vendors.
- Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of large design sessions.
Respond to organizational and environmental changes during in-progress activities.
- Guide business stakeholders to gain acceptance / sign-off despite competing objectives. Manage requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives and end-user buy-in.
- Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
- Generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from the candidates with below skill set:
- Significant experience in IT BA role.
- Expertise in Core and Advance Business Analysis Skills
- Agile project experience.
- Experience working in Agile projects and educating stakeholders including Product Owners and Business partners in Agile ways of working
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modelling.
- Data reporting, analysis, and visualization
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
- Experience analysing the alignment between business requirements and system capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong Stakeholder engagement skills
- Good leadership, presentation, and communication skills.
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) or PMI-PBA certification preferred.
Must have Domain Experience
This role is for a Business Analyst in Shell Global functions Information Risk Management (IRM) IT team. You will be working in one of the below portfolios, so IRM domain exposure is key.
- Governance, Risk, Controls and Assurance (GRCA)
- Cyber Risk Operations (CRO)
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Where do you fit?
- Capital Projects IT Lead The Hague, Netherlands, London, United Kingdom
- IM Advisor -Information Management Bengaluru, India, The Hague, Netherlands, London, United Kingdom, Houston, United States
- IT and Digital Strategy Consultant (London) London, United Kingdom
- IDT Advisor - Analytics and Data Services London, United Kingdom
- Senior CFIN Functional Consultant London, United Kingdom
- IT Business Analyst - LNG Trading London, United Kingdom