IT Operations Specialist
Where you fit in
The Senior IT Operations Specialist is responsible for the support and maintenance of the applications of the Treasury IT portfolio. This includes Shell’s Treasury Management System (TMS) Quantum, SWIFT, market data and connectivity to several SaaS providers. The role involves supporting front and back-office Treasury operations and finance users.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for the below:
- Providing application support for the TMS and connected applications, this includes minor changes including report development, as appropriate for each application.
- Analyze and resolve application incidents and problems working with internal infrastructure teams and software suppliers, where necessary.
- To participate in the requirements analysis, design, build, testing and transition to support of projects involving the applications for which you are subject matter expert (SME).
- Follow the processes for efficient handling of incidents, problems, and changes in compliance with SOX and IT control requirements.
- Support of internal and external audit requests and requirements.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from the candidates with below skill set:
- Significant experience of application support, maintenance skills, system integration experience, ideally in a Finance environment, preferably Treasury.
- Knowledge of Banking systems, Quantum, SWIFT, Zema and Bloomberg will be advantageous.
- Ability to handle a mixed workload, providing support to business users, projects, and enhancements.
- Work experience with senior business leaders to understand business drivers and design IT solutions to address them.
- Ability to take end-to-end accountability with minimal support.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues to all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, sometimes after hours/weekend work.
- Experience supporting SaaS solutions
- Application monitoring using Application Manager or Splunk
- Crystal reporting
- SQL Server
- .Net standards (Shell)
- 3rd Party API utilization. Restful API maintenance, Feature improvement and addition (Finastra)
- Nuget package management/knowledge
- Visual Studio 2019, 2022
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.