Senior Assistant Company Secretary
Country United Kingdom City/State London - Shell Centre Work Location London - Shell Centre
An exciting opportunity for you to work in a fast-paced and varied environment at a global and cross-business level. You’ll be managing the provision of subsidiary management services for a portfolio of Shell corporate entities.
What’s the role
As a Senior Assistant Company Secretary, you’ll be advising on Shell subsidiary management best practice whilst ensuring compliance with changing statutory, regulatory and corporate governance landscape.
As a department, primarily acting as Company Secretary for around 200 UK subsidiaries (and their overseas subsidiaries as and when they require shareholder approvals). On an individual level, you’ll be providing company secretarial services and advice to and in connection with a portfolio of UK subsidiary companies. You’ll provide advice and insight into the management of shareholder services and review global subsidiary management practices across overseas subsidiaries.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Provide advice and guidance on governance best practice and legal entity administration for the companies allocated and for which s/he will hold primary responsibility
- Acts as corporate governance compliance officer charged with ensuring compliance by the company with all provisions of the Companies Act about statutory records and notification
- Review and advise on subsidiary governance processes, controls and ways of working within the Secretariat team; and review and update Shell’s subsidiary management policies and frameworks.
- Review the provision of global secretariat services, investigate alternate ways of working and benchmark the administrative management against other global listed corporates.
- Counsel Directors on corporate governance law and practice and appropriate Group policies and procedures and the interpretation of Articles of Association and implementation of corporate procedures.
- Advise on Company Law affecting preparation of statutory accounts and reviews Directors’ Reports and Accounts for compliance and accuracy.
- Deliver ad hoc corporate governance projects
- Provide insight into the overall shareholder services strategy and the Equiniti relationship.
- Support on a few matters, including (but not limited to): guidance material for Directors; regulatory announcements; annual reports