Senior Carbon Market Analyst
This role will be responsible for leading the development of analysis for the Environmental Products markets for Shell Energy Europe and Environmental Products. The successful candidate will have an important part to play in producing high quality analytics, targeted directly at producing commercial recommendations which add value to the trading bottom line.
Where you fit in
Shell Energy - Europe & Environmental Products (SE-EE) markets and trades natural gas and power across Europe (and potentially in Africa) and manages the environmental products business globally. SE-EE's counterparties include major resource holders of gas, upstream producers, investment banks, trading houses, utilities and aggregators, power generators and large industrial and commercial gas and power users.
What’s the role
This position is responsible for developing Environmental Market analysis for Shell Energy Europe and Environmental Products. The successful candidate will lead the production of high-quality analytics, targeted directly at producing commercial recommendations which add value to the trading bottom line.
- Build and develop our fundamental analysis to support the global environmental products business.
- Design and develop decision-supporting analysis, tools and models that support profitable trading/origination, including an EU Emissions Trading Scheme fundamental supply & demand model
- Enhance and build the team by sharing new information and tools
- Collaborate with other analytical teams within front office to generate consistent cross commodity analytics and forecasts (and ensuring best practice is maintained).
What we need from you
We’re keen to speak from individuals with proven current experience in analysing Environmental Products (EU Allowances/Certified Emission Reductions/Upstream Emission Reductions/Verified Carbon Units, etc.) and understanding of the drivers of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme. You must have detailed understanding of the regulation supporting the development of the Environmental Products and the impact these have on the forward evolution of the markets.
We also hope your CV will show as many of the following as possible:
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of developing supply/demand outlooks for commodity markets and other analytical experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a trading environment
- Understanding of statistics and modelling is highly regarded
- Experience of using SQL, visualisation tools (such as Tableau/PowerBI/etc.)
- Experience in the data science libraries in Python (such as Pandas,Numpy,etc.) to develop analysis is highly desirable
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.