Senior Technical Analyst - S/4 HANA
What’s the role?
The NextGen ERP Programme has been set up to ensure Shell Enterprise-wide programme migration towards the SAP S/4 and Master Data Management over the next decade. Through 2020 Shell’s businesses and functions have begun to draft roadmaps for this journey.
SAP S/4 is a “once in a generation opportunity” to transform, simplify and automate many of our transactional processes. It will enable Asset Management on its Asset Management System (AMS) journey – with simplified common processes, data, and systems across Upstream/IG and Downstream. Increasing reliability, productivity and safety is our goal. Procurement, Finance and Logistic processes will be simplified – using market standard – end to end processes in SAP S/4.
Process and Data design work are ongoing for both the Upstream/IG businesses and a Central Finance (CFIN) solution that will provide a Digital Core to transform and radically simplify financial processes across Shell. Significant IT design and delivery has already kick-started from Q3, 2021.
Key accountabilities for the Integration Consultant will be:
- Work closely with Business Analysts and business users to translate integration requirements into system configurations against S/4 Design standards.
- Develop Interfaces and configure integration components across SAP and Non-SAP technologies.
- Support end to end unit and scenario testing of all integration configuration items for full-scale Business implementations.
- Support Business Analysts and Business end-users through the change journey including testing and addressing configuration issues in a timely manner.
- Act as a key collector of product gaps and improvement opportunities, appropriately document these items and flow these opportunities along with a value case to the appropriate route with SAP (Oil & Gas Consortium, CIO office, Architecture, other SAP engagement bodies as appropriate)
What we need from you
- Extensive working experience in S4 HANA implementation & S4 HANA Extensibility Development
- Significant hands-on experience in developing CDS, CDS Extensions, CDS Functions using Annotations, Associations & Joins, and Roles & Authorization.
- Significant experience in building CDS Data Definitions, ABAP CDS Entities, CDS Views, and Data Models.
- Proven understanding on Integration technologies and various integration patterns which can be considered for S4 HANA Interface developments.
- Ability to lead and drive business simplification journeys in partnership with the Business
- Proven experience in data security for transporting sensitive data
- Proven experience in RFC, ODATA, IDoc, and SOAP Web services and good understanding of REST.
- Execute the Market Standard Unless strategy
- Hands-on experience in ABAP, OO-ABAP, ABAP 7.5 (and above), Workflow, and Enhancement Framework.
- Significant experience in debugging & analysing CDS and Fiori apps and performance optimizations.
- Exposure to whitelisting APIs from SAP API hub and various BTP services.
- Exposure to have experience in SCP Side-by-Side Extensibility developments.
- Exposure to have knowledge on Fiori, Native HANA and CPI.
- Exposure to have experience in developing Adobe Forms with fragments.
- Exposure to have experience in both classical & Flexible Workflows
Soft skills -
- A commercial mindset coupled with a strong interest in the business
- Ability to shape and translate a technology-enabled vision into the delivery of successful business outcomes
- Ability to motivate and retain key skills in what will become a very competitive technology in the market
- Able to quickly gather vast amounts of knowledge across all businesses of Shell Plc and numerous ERP’s to understand current solutions, challenge real needs and incorporate them into a singular design. As such ability to quickly develop relationships across multi teams/LoBs
- Ability to build strong collaborative partnerships with process owners and senior finance stakeholders
- Active participation in a high performing IT natural teams aligned around driving greater business value
- Resilience, courage, and the willingness to challenge and manage business expectations
- Experience in developing business cases and in managing IT budgets through the IT demand management and planning process
- Good understanding and experience of the various Agile frameworks
- Nice to have Agile certifications/training and expertise in Agile tooling (ex - Azure DevOps)
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.