Supply Chain Lead – R&ES Innovation
Shell’s “Powering Progress” strategy sets clear our ambition to continue as a leader in the energy transition and accelerate our business towards net-zero emissions. It is designed to create value for our shareholders, customers, and wider society. Powering Progress has four main goals in support of our purpose, to power progress together by providing more and cleaner energy solutions. It is underpinned by our core values and focus on safety.
We are transforming our business and finding new opportunities, particularly in low-carbon energy such as bio-fuels, hydrogen, charging for electric vehicles and electricity generated by solar and wind power. New Technology forms a core part of this transition, and we aim to invest on average $2-3 billion each year across our Renewable and Energy Solutions business. In order to progress and meet our targets, it will require new and innovative solutions to clean energy challenges. Some solutions will come through growing scale, some from acquisitions and others will require us to pioneer the application of new technology to achieve our net-zero targets.
Supply Chain (SC) has a key role to play in this space; acting as a valued business partner, helping to deliver a wide range of new technology innovation projects. Given the nature of these projects, the SC team sits across and provides support to several business stakeholder groups – rather than being tagged to just one team. This complex matrix approach requires our team to be aware of, flexible to and most importantly respectful to wide range of business priorities. In many instances, delivery of projects within the scope of this team, will require engagement with third party vendors who are notionally “hosted” by other businesses within the Renewable & Energy Solutions business.
What’s the role?
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide proactive Supply Chain (SC) capability for business projects across a broad range of topics Lead, create and “own” execution of SC in a fast moving and often resource constrained environment
- Drive SC professionalism through developing contracting strategies and project execution approaches in collaboration with business partners
- Effectively engage with and develop strategic relationships with third party vendors; ranging from large scale global providers to small start-up organizations
- Be effective in a large and diverse stakeholder management environment
- Safely, competitively, and timely deploying Projects and Products through disciplined CP delivery work
- Working with SC Team Lead and other team members, lead execution of specific new technology innovation projects
- Provide support to specific projects (led by others)
- Own consolidation and tracking of entire team activity plan
- Contracting and project development within unique and complex scenarios
- Staff - No direct reports. Deep integration required with business stakeholders, CP colleagues and other key colleagues expected. Informal mentoring is expected too.
- Geographical scope - Global
- Key Interface - Wide variety of project stakeholders for specific projects; Finance Manager; HSSE; Legal; Other CP teams across; CP Operations; and third-party vendors.
Special Challenges (Complexity):
- New Technology innovation is a new and rapidly growing space. This entails a balanced approach of entrepreneurship whilst mixed with corporate rigor.
- Contribute to contracting professionalism. A key dimension of the role is to continue to develop business stakeholder perception of SC as a trusted advisor and functional champion.
What we need from you
- A Supply Chain contributor with commercial experience, high capacity and a strong performance history is required. The individual is expected to be well-versed in frontline supply chain execution, as this role will deliver hands-on SC support to a wide variety of projects
- MCIPS or equivalent qualified
- Commercially driven. Expected to help identify, mature, win and deliver opportunities
- Proven ability to implement winning commercial strategies
- Commercial acumen (e.g., contract management, contractor performance management, negotiations)
- Experience of global supply chain organization and ability to leverage supply chain capability across teams and geographies
- Flexible and driven individual, with demonstrable experience of working in an ambiguous environment
- Effective communicator, influencer, and relationship builder
- Strong engagement skills
- Passionate about the energy transition
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.