Corporate Relations Social Community Advisor
If you are looking for exciting and meaningful opportunities for strong communicators in a global company at the forefront of the energy business and climate debate read on.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with developments – but to anticipate and shape a better future. Shell’s newly integrated global Corporate Relations (CR) function brings together professional communicators, brand experts, government and community relations professionals and specialists in non-technical risk and social performance to work with commercial and technical colleagues and deliver company goals. The CR team will provide analysis and external perspectives, policy solutions and integrated advocacy, communications and content to strengthen Shell’s brand, reputation and global businesses. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be the best at achieving successful integrated outcomes for the business through effective engagement and communication with stakeholders and audiences.
Where you fit in:
The newly created Corporate Relations Social Media Community Adviser (APAC) position is based in Manila, the Philippines, where a growing communications community provides Shell’s global businesses with solutions in internal/external communications, content creation and campaigning, and brand and reputation management.
The successful candidate will be the focal point for engaging, responding to and monitoring content across some of Shell’s corporate social media channels, working closely with colleagues in the Corporate & Internal Communications teams and across Corporate Relations.
The position formally reports to CR Team Lead Corporate & Internal Communications in Krakow and informally to the CR Head of APAC Media Relations in Singapore.
What is the role?
This role is accountable for helping Shell to build a social media community that is engaged on energy topics through monitoring, engaging and responding to content across corporate social media channels; reporting on issues and crisis, and providing advice on social media engagement tactics to CR colleagues designing campaigns.
• Understand the global and local relevance of Shell’s businesses and brand in the markets where we operate
• Listen and reply to relevant customer/consumer comments and questions
• Deliver the always-on listening and monitoring across corporate social channels, using tools such as Sprinklr and Synthesio
• Escalate issues/questions that need addressing to the relevant teams
• Identify opportunities for engagement with the social media audience
• Help shape and optimize FAQs available to support social media campaigns
• Monitor and support crisis or issues on social media/digital channels
• Provide reports and insights on live campaigns and general brand engagement opportunities to improve response rates on social media
• Collaborate with other community managers, social media and digital teams across Shell, to ensure consistency in tone and messaging
• Share learnings with wider teams and help reinforce the importance of community management across the company
• Work in partnership with the Social Content Strategist and Digital Spokesperson to ensure alignment across CR teams
• Ensure disclosure requirements, due diligence and audit have been met before publication
• Ensure strong measurement and data analysis of communications and content to inform decisions
• Monitor trends, risks, and opportunities to actively finding opportunities to maintain and grow engaged communities across social channels
What we need from you:
• Strong experience in social media community management, copy writing and campaign planning
• Previous social media content moderation or community management experience
• Proven experience/expertise with social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
• Proven experience/expertise with content management tools, such as Sprinklr
• Proven experience/expertise with social media listening tools, such as Synthesio
• Excellent written communication skills in English
• An interest in visual and written content to create innovative, human and compelling stories
• An interest in measurement and ability to use data analysis in strategic, campaign and content decisions for continuous improvement
• Proven experience in managing a complex network of internal stakeholders
• Strong project management experience and indirect influencing skills; focusing resources and delivering complex projects with cross-business, multi-country objectives
• Integrative working style; ability to work in cross-functional, multi-cultural teams and deliver challenging projects without formal control
• A learner mindset; being a role model in your levels of curiosity and reflection and encouraging people to learn from their mistakes and successes
• A genuine interest in the energy industry and a finger on the pulse of the world outside Shell
• Shell supports flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share).