CP Excellence Lead, CI
Contracting & Procurement (CP) is the Shell Group function accountable for acquisition of all third-party goods and services that support Shell business. Our purpose is to create value through simpler and more effective operations, connected to the business bottom line. Working closely with our business partners, we deliver RDS tail spend cost leadership and top-quartile end-to-end CP processes and operations to underpin the world’s most competitive supply chains. CP Operations is accountable for CP digital strategy, PGS processes (MM is delegated to MSC), systems design and implementation, operational excellence across source to pay, commercial procurement activities and PO transaction processing for all RDS Businesses.
Roles in CP/Supply Chain offer the opportunity to be part of a highly commercial environment with an emphasis on external focus and delivery of material value to the bottom line through delivering competitive, resilient supply chains. All roles work in close collaboration with the CoB/function/asset/geography/category they support with the intent to bring innovation to supply chains and supporting business development. The impact and influence on delivering the business strategies is far-reaching and significant, from Care in terms of supporting the safety and welfare of our supply chain communities to leading the way on delivering the Energy Transition and leveraging the current and emerging digital platforms that provide internal and external connectivity to deliver insights and value. Being a member of this community, you will experience a way of working leveraging both global and local supply chains and relationships. Supply Chain/CP is an inclusive and diverse organization at all levels that holds true the value of acting as ‘One Team’ across organizational boundaries.
The CP Excellence Lead - Continuous Improvement (CI) role will partner with CP Operations Senior leadership teams to build Continuous Improvement mindset and drive improvement initiatives across the Operational Supply Chain Value Stream.
The candidate will support process in achieving the delivery of their Continuous Improvement program (agreed in 5+3) through critical contracting and procurement process transformation projects (by coaching and collaborating with the implementation teams to embed CI foundations).
The role provides an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to the end to end Contracting and Procurement processes and help embed a strong CI culture. In addition, this role is a unique opportunity to contribute to the CP Operations DSF & RES transformation journey aimed at growing CI mindset and bottom-line impact to Shell.
- The CP Excellence Lead - CI works with the DSF & RES Operational Managers, XLT and various stakeholders across DSF & RES CP Operations and CPiB to define process improvement priorities and to create a strong continuous improvement culture/mindset.
- Drive delivery of CI pipeline, Operational Excellence and Productivity Improvement targets.
- Deploy continuous Improvement mindset strategy in DSF & RES CP Ops
- Expert in Continuous Improvement methodology – coach, trainer, mentor for CP staff (and CI practitioners) to cultivate the continuous improvement mindset.
- Support acceleration of business improvements cross COB (within CP Ops and CPiB)
- Identifies improvement needs and take the initiative whilst ensuring the usage of the correct project selection and project prioritization criteria meets the goal of Powering Progress and DSF & RES Organisation priorities (Define, scope and lead process improvement projects in alignment with overall DSF & RES CP Ops vision)
- Ensures effective quality processes sustainability/replication across DSF & RES CP Ops.
- Manage CI training strategy and agenda cross COB + Facilitate various CI trainings and CI events (VSM, brainstorming, RCA, Scrums etc)
Special Projects and Adhoc support as required
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
Ability to drive and manage strategies and mindset change Experienced CI person certified in: Agile, Scrum, Six Sigma Black Belt, PRINCE 2 (if not certified yet then must be very close to accomplish certification) Experienced in driving agenda in cross-functional environment to influence and gain commitment at all organizational levels Strong in managing global (cross COBs, cross organisations) projects, coach project leads to timely business target delivery Experienced in managing competing demands from different stakeholders Demonstrated ability to deliver targets through influencing skills rather than formal authority Ability to work with people from various workstreams cutting across functional boundaries and solicit partnership Managing work-life balance in the team Experience in facilitating CI workshops and coaching/ mentoring activities Effective communication skills with ability to inspire Experience in Supply Chain is beneficial but if skills are not available candidates will be required to quickly learn the CP/SC processes
Proficiency level of CI Coach as per CI Skill Matrix:
- CI deployment – Skill
- Program & Project management – Mastery
- Performance management - Mastery
- Structured problem solving - Mastery
- Data analysis - Mastery
- Coaching - Mastery
- Training & events facilitation - Mastery
- Change management & communication - Skill
- Business acumen & partnering - Skill
- Process & data management - Skill
- Automation / Power BI – Knowledge
- Maximize our performance - Demonstrate visible leadership for driving continuous improvement (Driving Continuous Improvement and digitization agenda/projects; Building CI mindset in the organization to increase capability in the organization
- Managing multiple priorities: Organize time across multiple projects and targets; working on a range of activities; Personal accountability to ensure timely delivery of commitments (5+3 goals of GM/OMs)
- Grow trust in Shell: Day-to-day project lead and coach role support Shell strategy and goals delivery combined with respect to others needs, point of views and culture; helps to maximize Shell bottom line results Individual coaching build trust and environment for open discussion and support needed
- Engage and inspire: Coach Leaders and frontline to increase CI mindset in the organization and identify people with potential for growth; Motivate the team and organization for taking the courage and opportunity to improve Shell processes and generate value to the organization
- Learner mindset: Ability to mobilize a team to deal with complex problems and drive value; Consistently looking for some new opportunities to improve cooperation and automation
- Position will report to CP Excellence Manager – CI, CP Ops DSF & RES, no direct reports.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Shell Business Operations Manila continues to perform as a reliable business partner, enabling Shell to come the most competitive and innovative energy company in the world. Since its commencement in 2004, the company has grown to 4000+ employees and continue to succeed in consistently achieving operational excellence that is internally recognized and externally benchmarked. We take great pride in our unwavering commitment to achieve Goal Zero in our daily operations, putting Shell at the forefront of companies with impeccable safety and environmental performance in the Philippines.