CP Procurement Specialist
Please note that this role will be on SBO Terms and Condition. Where relevant, the SBO Transfer Guideline will be applicable.
Supply chains are at the core of Shell’s competitiveness and Contracting & Procurement (CP) plays an instrumental role in Shell achieving all three strategic ambitions. We work with 29,000 suppliers, collaborate with all the businesses and functions across the Group. CP is an innovative, learning and compliant organisation and by forging deep relationships with our business partners, we operate safe, competitive, sustainable and digitally connected global supply chains. In CP we believe in creating an inclusive culture and work environment where you can thrive, innovate and develop; but most of all, be yourself.
Roles in Supply Chain/CP offer the opportunity to be part of a highly commercial environment with an emphasis on external focus and delivery of material value to the bottom line through delivering competitive, resilient supply chains- a real Commercial Powerhouse. All roles work in close collaboration with the CoB/function/asset/geography/category they support with the intent to be on the ‘front foot’ bringing innovation to supply chains and supporting business development. The impact and influence on delivering business strategies is far-reaching and significant, from Care in terms of supporting the safety and welfare of our supply chain communities to leading the way on delivering the Energy Transition and circularity across all the emissions scopes and waste we generate to leverage the current and emerging digital platforms that provide internal and external connectivity to deliver insights and value. Being a member of this community, you will experience a way of working leveraging both global and local supply chains and relationships. From negotiation and deal making to sourcing for business development, we take professional pride in all we do.
The purpose of the role is to continually improve RtP processes across the complex T&S Americas landscape, act as focal for any escalated RtP issues on E2E basis and act as the senior rail analyst.
• Work with various stakeholders within various Shell Businesses, Functions, to lead and execute RtP continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyse data to identify RtP improvement opportunities.
• Diagnose, resolve and/or coordinate the resolution of problem areas arising in the RtP process, analysing requisition quality and work with requisitioners as necessary to make lasting improvements.
- Ensure commercial terms are correctly reflected in the purchase orders and suppliers get paid at agreed payment terms.
• As RtP focal, Procurement Specialist also holds the role of ERP Super User for Procurement of Goods (PGS) process to 1) facilitate ERP upgrade rollouts via testing and error resolution, and 2) maximize use of ERP automation capabilities and executing consolidation of all transactional processing within operations.
• Ensure compliance according to Group Standards
• Work with Accounts Payable to resolve outstanding parked and blocked invoices (usually PO or Business Service Entry related).
• Follow-up and resolve daily Contracting & Procurement related issues with suppliers, businesses and finance.
Continuous Improvement - Skill
Supply Chain Intelligence – Knowledge
Most Competitive Category & Sourcing Strategy - Knowledge
Contract Management – Knowledge
Supplier Account Management – Knowledge
Business Partnering – Skill
Process, Systems and Data Management – Skill
Stakeholder Management – Skill
- Ability to prioritise work-plans and resources to execute against the Business/Technical drivers
- Ability to influence business decisions
- Clear understanding of compliance guidelines
- Adeptness at maintaining business continuity and improving cycle times while also delivering unplanned and urgent requirements
Americas: CoBs supported under T&S CP umbrella
Continuous improvement of RtP processes including RtP KPI analysis
Reconciliation and invoice payment process for Rail Freight ~ including direct contact with suppliers, business and CP
S4 Super User in Intergrated Support Model
High value Service Entry release
Building strong relationships and alignment with a range of stakeholders remotely
Excellent english language communication and comprehension skills