If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for operational excellence this is your opportunity to grow your career. In partnership with the Global HR Policy team, you will help develop global policies and archetypes, to be applied locally, to ensure our policies and benefits are grounded in and aligned with our global identity and company values.
Where you fit in:
As a member of Philippine HR team, we value collaboration, creativity and pushing through the status quo!
You will work with the team supporting policies and benefits for Shell companies in the Philippines. The role interfaces with many senior HR stakeholders at a group, regional and country level. You will also partner with PH HR Operations team in ensuring policies are administered efficiently. Your leadership qualities will be highly valued to lead various projects on policies and benefits, working with members from other teams.
What's the role?
As a Policy Advisor you will be providing deep subject matter expertise relating to employment policies and benefits staying current on legislative requirements, best practices and application across all businesses. To do this you will:
1. Act as a proactive, strategic partner to the broader HR Community and business to solve business challenges within policy and benefit remit. This is done in consultation with HR Operations, Global HR Policy team and other internal and external stakeholders.
2. As required, you will manage contracts and relationships with 3rd party service providers for the programs within subject matter expertise areas as well as staying abreast of external best practices and HR functional direction.
3. Contribute to Global Policy and archetype development; as a project team member and/or providing local legislative insights, analysis and benchmarking in order to input into the overall development.
4. Support the roll out of global policies, archetypes and continuous improvement initiatives including providing local insights and requirements, developing change and engage plans and supporting leader/HR engagements.
5. Providing support for the application and administration of policies and programs via HR Operations.
6. Liaise with ER/IR, Shell Legal, D&I, HR Advice, HRBPs, etc. on policy related activities
7. Build a strong external network to keep abreast of external environment and learn of best practices
What we need from you:
As the custodians of policy and benefits you will need not only role model Shell’s Core Values but have a high level of professionalism and personal integrity.
You will need to prioritize and manage your time in order to think broadly on global/external matters as well as ensure a focus on operational delivery. Additionally you will be able to articulate and understand the 'why' behind our policies and benefits in a way that is engaging and easy for our employees and line leaders to understand and apply.
You will also have:
* proven well developed knowledge of Policy and Benefits including ability to clearly articulate the intent, rationale and 'why'
* excellent communication skills (both written, including preparation of LT papers and verbal including presenting to LTs)
* demonstrated consulting skills
* significant experience in change management including managing stakeholders, developing implementation plans
* well developed analytical skills (translating data into insights)
* well developed interpersonal skills
* proven project management skills/organising skills
* excellent problem solving skills
* a learning orientation
* proven experience of working with and building relationships with HR Operations including payroll and where required 3rd party providers, legal and tax
* a Learner Mindset, a curiosity to learn and grow yourself, learn from mistakes and a commitment to create an environment where people can speak up openly in a safe environment.