Country Philippines City/State Manila Work Location Manila
- Provide leadership of Hydrocarbon Management (HM) master data (Counterparty, Location, and Vessel) processes in Downstream in order to deliver world class performance on an end-to-end basis, covering data quality management, operational excellence, continuous improvement, digital transformation and controls compliance
- Provide leadership to HM Data MRD teams in Manila and Chennai
- Manage stakeholder relationships with business partners and management of Downstream Trading & Supply, Global Commercial and other FO processes
- The Cost of Poor Data Quality is huge. Errors associated with inventory management, stock recording and reconciliation, invoicing and billing often have genesis in poor HM master data quality. Data errors can have significant impact to operating capital of the business. Non-compliance to controls can impact our license to operate.
- Responsible to deliver FO process L1 improvements 5-10% cost reduction/year in FO, and actively contribute in delivering $30M L1/L2 outside FO.
- Partners with business and function stakeholders and senior management across Shell to execute agreed data agenda.
- Direct supervision of 40+ staff in Manila and Chennai
- Supports 60+ countries
- Work closely with numerous Trading & Scheduling systems (e.g. DEX, Endur and Aligne, etc.) and ERP systems (e.g. GSAP, STN SAP, PRS and Global Chemicals) as well as CAP Tools (e.g. CRD, GSE, Nucleus and Energy Credit).
- Maintain the global integrity and accountability for HM master data lifecycle maintenance and data quality assurance processes, controls, performance measures and compliance including closing gaps on operational incidents including LFI’s, audit exceptions and out-of-tolerance performance metrics, and determine root cause of the problems and implement sustainable corrective action.
- Manage the integration of new HM Data work associated with migrations into the teams.
- Active contribution to relevant forums for data improvement, including recommended improvement projects
- Leads Business in understanding Cost of Poor Data Quality
- Understand business needs and evolve services from strategy to tactical “real in the field” data maintenance, data quality management, assurance, technical support and process excellence.
- Manage stakeholder engagements to resolve operational issues
- Ensure timelines and integrity of KPI reporting and review process
- Coach and develop data professionals for all HM Data staff.
- Champion identification, development and ensure delivery of Continuous Improvement (CI) projects for E2E operational excellence, achievement of world class data quality, and digital transformation. Ensure benefits delivery.
- Develop (jointly with the business) and implement business relevant Data Quality Standards
- Help manage a complex global change journey, with significant impact on operational excellence, license to operate, and HSSE across Trading & Supply and Global Commercial
- No. of direct reports with multiple roles & responsibilities
- Developing offshore staff in a Finance and Data organisation
- Number of countries & different systems operating needing improvements in standardized processes and organizational models
- Number of plants, counterparties and vessels used by businesses operating in different markets and cultures
- Effective business knowledge and organisational understanding in order to resolve complex process issues
- Virtual working with key stakeholders including senior management to address data issues
- Effective leadership to identify and help resolve business, data, technical and design issues within areas of responsibility
- Comprehensive supply chain/trading knowledge and acumen needed to set direction and make improvement