Senior Process Specialist for Spares Management - CP Data
Finance Operations (FO) Data Contracts & Procurement (C&P) enables Contracting & Procurement become the Commercial Powerhouse of Shell with innovative data solutions. The Senior Process Specialist – Spares Management Capital Projects C&P Data will be a key player in achieving this through strengthening the synergies in Capital Projects.This role will champion the compliance to the Global Spares Management Process across the Capital Projects, ensure efficient use and management of the Spares Management programs and enhancements and assist in delivering top quartile performance of the FO Data ESPIR COE with focus on process improvements and various related integration tools and digitalization opportunities.
The Senior Process Specialist will also support the top-quartile performance of data operations and processes by developing and implementing improvements to standards, quality, process design, execution, tools and/or integration; and by engaging and partnering with a wide array of key Capital Projects stakeholders. The role will analyze problems not only with deep data area expertise, but also with broad knowledge of Shell’s CP processes, business requirements and with data management theory and best practice. This role sits within Operational Excellence (OE) team to lead and drive delivery of OE key focus areas which include, but are not limited to, Digitalisation, Management Information (MI), Data Quality, Learning, CP systems & processes improvements and roll-outs; and the Materials, Services, Vendor and Contracts (MSVC) process areas.
Support process for the ongoing active and pipeline Spares Management Capital Projects
Issue resolution support to the Spares Project Manager, Chennai, Manila and Krakow COEs
Encourage/sustain continuous training/knowledge transfer/development across the whole team
Provide support to the Process Manager in the global deployment of the process across the Capital Projects
- Support Delivery of a Consistent Spares Management Process Value Measurement to the Capital Projects.
- Active engagement with the Capital Project's key stakeholders to understand the deployment requirements
- Highlight sources of value leakage and ensure full transparency of the risks of process non compliance to the stakeholders
- Drive the measurement of the Global Process Impact to the Bottom line
- Harness the learnings and improvement opportunities from the current projects. The Senior Process Specialist will ensure that the key opportunities and challenges are identified and further translated into learnings and actions
- Analyse process performance and data quality metrics to identify improvement project opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring upon a change of process design, all procedures and tool updates are made in an effective, efficient and properly tracked and documented manner.
- Ensure learning journey is effective and helps operational staff truly leverage the best and latest of knowledge, tools and procedures.
- Proactively propose improvements to existing process, procedures, workflow design and reports based on experience and practical observation for further benefit opportunities.
- Ensure a robust integrated tools management. The efficiency model of the Spares Management tools is further supported by a roster of connected applications.
- Identify the key process-centric improvements for the E-SPIR Supplier and Advisor Programs and ensure transparency of the key benefits and risks of deploying these changes
- Ensure the clear identification and management of bugs versus enhancements
- Responsible for review, assessment and testing of any related tools with a direct impact to the process
- Drive the team UAT and release of the E-SPR Supplier and Advisor Tools
- Align any related updates back to the Process Documents and roll out the improvements to the team
- Enforce the structured Spares Project Manager's Onboarding Program. The Senior Process Specialist is accountable to ensure the robust and structured training of the Spares Coordinators
- Provide leadership and coaching to Process Specialists, Specialists in the team and PU teams. Stand-in for OE Global Process Manager as and when required.
- Empower Process Specialists, Specialists and junior staff to take charge of their own performance.
- Role model the right behaviour (aligned with CP Data Values) and play to help the team to succeed.
- Engage and partner effectively across CP Data and externally with CP and FO stakeholders
- Lead and coordinate the roll-out of Learning Journey, create content required for Learning Journey and help ensure effective learning experience for PU teams.
- Spares Management Deployment Support.
- Assist the Spares Management Process Manager in managing the deployment discussions with Capital Projects
- Support the Capital Projects in reviewing EPC contractual requirements and procedure and ensure alignment to the Spares Management Process
- Operational Excellence Management.
- Support the COE Operational leads in any process-related agenda which translates to Operational Excellence
- Digitalisation, MI, Data Quality and Reporting
- Champion for Digitalisation agenda and ideas within CP Data and drives projects and initiatives to achieve digitalisation goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders (CP I&I, Data Science, Data Analytics etc. teams) to jointly drive the agenda.
- Develop Management Information (MI) and KPIs that are fit-for-purpose, meaningful with the ability to drill down to the lowest and highest level to provide key insights to different stakeholder groups to drive impact and performance.
- Collaborate with PU teams to actively generate the required insights from data & information but focuses on strategy building and implementation
- Analyse data quality and process performance metrics to identify improvement opportunities. Draft project charters with clear scope and goals and solid benefits in line with standards.
- Deliver projects that are fully aligned with business priorities. Manage timeline, scope and application of project tools in line with relevant project methodology to achieve benefits quickly.
- Application of new techniques to drive reporting operations to insights e.g. Data Profiling, Data Analytics, Process Analytics, Cost of Poor Data Quality (automated fashion), Low Cost Automation (Robotics, and End User Computing).
Ability to work virtually in a multi-cultural and dynamic team, influence action and solicit team work
Extensive high-level stakeholder interactions Driving ESSA principles across the various capital projects Spares Management implementation.
Endorsement of Global Spares Management and ensuring FO-Data C&P Spares Management first choice for Project Management referenced/inclusion into Shell Global Solutions DEP Spare Parts 22.214.171.124and Contracting & Procurement MM PG05i MM in Projects.
Support to the following improvements:
- Data Move Program
- Development and automation in data build between data programs, E-SPIR, Asset Hub and SAP.
- Working with CP Materials Management functions across Capital Project to showcase benefits