I&C Pricing Manager
Where you fit in
At Shell Energy, we believe there’s a better way to power your business.
Aligned with Shell’s ambition to be a significant global power business and to become net zero by 2050, we are here to guide businesses to a better energy future. One that has the customer and a commitment to cleaner energy at the heart and makes it easy and affordable to embrace new technology.
We offer businesses across Britain 100% renewable electricity as standard. Our cleaner, affordable and simple solutions help companies manage their energy spend and plan their sustainability roadmap - a fresh approach for environmentally conscious businesses that are looking to boost their sustainability credentials. We also offer natural gas to our customers with the option of supplying green gas on request.
What’s the role?
This is a great opportunity to join the Commercial department, responsible for setting the pricing and credit strategy to support our growth plans in the I&C customer segment (customers with annual volume over 10GWh) and ensuring we deliver accurate and timely pricing and contract requests to the Sales and Operational teams.
Reporting into the Senior Pricing Manager the role requires a self-motivated, dedicated and responsible individual with the ability to manage within tight deadlines.
The role holder will need to identify issues, recommend solutions and deliver pricing and system changes working with key stakeholders to ensure a smooth delivery.
The role supports our business’ growth ambition in the B2B space measured against the metrics set out in our 10-year strategic plan by ensuring we produce commercial sound offers which balance risk and reward while also ensuring that live contract support is maintained to ensure the contractual benefits are delivered.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Implement the I&C pricing and credit risk strategy to support our growth plans in the I&C customer segment and make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Manage a team of senior deal structurers, leveraging their skills and competencies, providing guidance and coaching to ensure their wellbeing and career development, providing training and support in delivering their objectives.
- Accountable for documentation of all I&C Pricing processes.
- Balancing the day-to-day production of I&C tenders and live contract support. Working closely with Sales to set the correct priorities and ensure quotes are produced accurately and maintained efficiently and effectively, eliminating unforced errors, ensuring that best practice financial modelling practices are adhered to.
- Structuring I&C deals to minimise risks and avoid margin deterioration, taking a lead role in key and/or complex negotiations.
- Responsible for owning and improving the Pricing models required for Flex pricing, quotation, approval and acceptance process including automating current manual processes, removing blockers and simplifying processes all aiming for a smoother end to end process.
- Responsible for live contract support of Flex customers including outturn energy rate checks, site additions and removals, within contract credit checks, reforecasts and profitability reviews.
- Building strong relationships across SEUK (Sales, Operations, Finance, Trading, Structuring, Forecasting, Risk) and also the wider Shell group to provide additional solutions to our customers leveraging expertise across the group (for example Energy Services, PPAs etc).
- Work with the Senior Pricing Manager supporting on system and pricing projects taking end to end responsibility of relevant changes. This includes setting clear business requirements, working with the developers and the wider team, providing worked example and being responsibility for testing and delivering change in a timely way to deliver a more efficient quality service.
- Establishing clear SLAs which are achievable but also stretching, SLA reporting and audits to ensure the team provide a quality service to sales and operations, allowing them to respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Responsible for supporting on pricing projects which will require you to undertake data analysis, competitor analysis and system requirements.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience in the energy industry, with direct experience within a financial or commercial function, B2B retail pricing experience would be ideal.
- Proven experience in recommending, gaining approval and implementing changes to strategy
- Track record in implementing improvements to operational processes that add value, for example reducing errors to remove needless costs, or automating a process to support sales quotation performance etc.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to organise and manage multiple tasks and deliverables
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail and financial modelling skills
- Values driven ethical manager, demonstrating the ability to create an environment that is respectful and encourages learning and sharing to help enhance and grow the skills and abilities of the team.
- 2.1 degree or higher in a numerical/business discipline, or equivalent, essential.
- Technical capability in modelling and managing data in Excel/ SQL / VBA/Python to a good standard essential.
- Analytical mindset, demonstrate ability to problem solve and create practical solutions to overcome problems and mitigate risks.
- Good communication skills, written and oral, for example ensuring sales colleagues are kept informed of any delays in turning around pricing requests, or outlining the rationale behind a decision not to approve credit for a customer.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.