Sales Account Manager
This is a great opportunity to join our Sales team as a Sales Account Manager (SAM) supporting our business’ aim to be a leading provider of sustainable energy solutions, partnering with customers on their journey towards carbon neutrality and serving 5-10% of the UK business energy market by 2030.
Where you fit in
Reporting into the Mid-Market Sales Manager, the role requires superior client care and regular contact with both current and prospective clients. Travel to meet customers face to face may be required, but the role is desk based in our Milton Keynes office and will involve regular communication with the customers and brokers by telephone.
You will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on an ambitious and growing B2B organisation. As a desk-based role you will be able to take advantage of our hybrid working environment which currently offers the opportunity to work from home, with at least one day in our Milton Keynes office.
What’s the role?
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for developing new and existing brokers and direct customers’ accounts that require energy and added value products and services as well as building relationships with key decision makers.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively price, negotiate and close energy and value-added contracts with brokers and direct customers.
- Actively cross-sell energy related products available from other Shell Business Units and work with these Shell Business Units to support them cross-selling Shell Energy commodity contracts.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of supplies with existing brokers, create relationships, follow up sales enquiries, supporting brokers in generating offers to generate sales.
- Build relationships with brokers and customers in order to drive new commodity and added value contracts as well as retain existing business.
- Liaise with brokers and customers by telephone in order to obtain feedback during negotiations and to close deals.
- Manage the resolution of broker and customer queries working in collaboration with internal teams. It will be important to demonstrate the ability to build strong internal relationships.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team and Company goals by maintaining regular attendance, punctuality, focus and professionalism at all times.
- Plan, organise and implement business wins from pre-qualification, Invitation to Tender and play a leading role in ensuring contracts are set up effectively.
- Understand the energy market and develop new opportunities where appropriate.
- Achieve annual team budget, sales targets and individual KPI’s.
- Produce quarterly sales plans, regular reporting on sales activities, efforts, achievements, challenges, and planned target companies.
- Ensure that all customers and brokers continue to be satisfied with a high standard of service.
- Communicate with and support fellow internal Sales colleagues to offer the desired level of customer service required.
- Utilise Shell IT tools, such as Salesforce to help develop customer knowledge and ensure that the sales journey is up to date.
- Promote new products whenever possible and make recommendations on new product offers as requested.
- Prepare reports or undertake projects as directed.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from individuals with sales experience in a similar role within the utilities /energy sector with experience and understanding of selling added value energy related products, and a proven track record of success within a B2B sales environment and be able to demonstrate previous achievement of sales targets.
You will be a good communicator with the ability to be assertive, with a persuasive telephone manner, able to build successful relationships with clients, suppliers, and colleagues.
You’re well-organised with excellent time management skills, able to quickly integrate into a small team and work on your own initiative. A good listener with the ability to solve problems.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development program. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.