Tender Support Representative
What’s the role?
The role supports our business’ aim to be a leading provider of sustainable energy solutions, partnering with customers on their journey towards carbon neutrality and serving 5-10% of the UK business energy market by 2030.
The Tender Support Representative is a member of the Mid Market Sales team and reports to the Mid Market Sales Manager. The role is responsible for providing operational Sales support across a high volume of mid-market segment opportunities. The Tender Support Representative is primarily focused on the set-up of opportunities in the sales pricing system and associated records in the CRM, demonstrating outstanding and consistent quality, accuracy, efficiency, and productivity.
You will be responsible for the accurate, timely set-up and associated data quality of a high volume of mid-market segment opportunities within the pricing tool and CRM.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining high productivity in line with KPIs.
- Management of administrative lead / tender-to-quote processes on behalf of [Sales Account Manager / Business Development Manager]s
- Pricing support on behalf of [Sales Account Manager / Business Development Manager]s as required, communicating with colleagues to understand pricing requirements.
- Handling of Sales queries via the general Sales telephone line
- Other ad-hoc tasks at the request of the Sales Operations Manager and/or Sales Director
- Adherence to company behaviors, values, and policies.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from individuals with strong technical and analytical skills (Microsoft Excel). Sales Cloud (Salesforce.com) and Sales & Pricing Support experience is highly desirable. You’ll also bring in your interpersonal and organizational skills – a strong team player and has the ability to work at pace, maintaining high productivity without compromising accuracy or quality.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development program. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.