Coating and Insulation Inspector
What’s the role?
This position is 1FTE dedicated to lead QA/QC activities for coating, insulation and temporary access at Shell Nederland Chemie B.V. (SNC). Based in Moerdijk you will work in a multidisciplinary environment to manage the coating/insulation/temporary access aspects of assets for our 4 worldscale production units (MLO, MVEO, MSPO1 and 2) including the Filling and Dispatch and General Facilities. The scope covers: Leading the Coating, Insulation and temporary access quality aspects for projects, maintenance, Turn Arounds and CUI programs.
- You are a subject Matter Expert in the areas of coating, insulation and temporary access.
- You determine the (contracting) policy in your working areas.
- You drive innovations and Continuous Improvement with the Global SME, Pernis Refinery and global communities with whom you keep close connect.
- With the team you take responsibility for the quality of coating, insulation and access. You show leadership and give steer to other QA/QC inspectors, civil engineers and supervisors.
- You support Engineering, Maintenance, Turn Arounds (TA) and the CUI program in close collaboration with Inspection, Materials and corrosion engineering and the maintenance team.
- You develop and implement procedures in order to increase the quality, safety and efficiency of the coating, insulation and temporary access scopes
- You perform audits and inspections to assure the quality for which the contractors are responsible.
- Other disciplines will provide scope, but on a day to day basis you resolve technical queries and you will also bring proactive advice.
What we need from you?
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Nace level 3 Certified or equal;
- CINI insulation inspector;
- Scaffold inspector;
- A relevant experience in the field of Quality inspection for coating and insulation;
- Active ambassador of HSSE principles;
- Familiarity with industry standards related to coating and insulation;
- Fluent in English, Dutch knowledge at least basic level
Shell Global Solutions International BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.