Make a difference
Do you like helping people? Do you like to make people smile? Are you passionate about putting people in a better place? Then you may have what it takes to join our amazing team?
Where you fit in
This exciting and fast paced position is pivotal to the Product Quality and Production teams. You will be troubleshooting process related issues, developing creative testing schemes, and advising on opportunities for improvement and margin capture.
What is the role
Reporting to the Product Quality Manager, the Process Chemist is responsible for providing support to the production units with a chemistry-based knowledge of stream and additive characteristics to ensure the effective application of process controls. As part of the Product Quality team, this role is complemented and supported by the quality control and quality assurance functions. The ultimate objective is to monitor process activities and recommend initiatives to maintain or improve product quality to ensure that product released from manufacturing meets specifications and fit-for-purpose requirements.
Support activities fit into the following categories:
Liaison between Product Quality Lab, Process Engineering, and Production Identify opportunities to enhance process control reliability through appropriate data generation. Monitor process-data and apply technical knowledge to proactively avert product quality issues. Apply consistent quality practices across the Shell Polymers Monaca site
- Unit process and analytical technical support.
- Participate incausal investigations
- Logistics support.
- Developspecial sampling and testing schemes - (tech. studies, turnaround activities, etc.)
- Troubleshooting laboratory equipment.
- Provide input to test runs, plant tests, special projects, etc.
- Participate on Shift Hand over communications with the product quality team to ensure continuity between production and the laboratory
- e.g. unit upsets, special testing, extra samples, field studies, etc.
This job profile contains generic information and does not describe individual positions or required job competencies. Grading decisions will also depend on other factors.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Chemistry,Chemical Engineering or comparable technical degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge in Laboratory Instrumentation
- Knowledge of OpenLab/EZchrom
- Understanding of regulatory requirements (HazCom, MSDS, emissions, DOT, etc.)
- LIMS knowledge
- Understanding of ISO9001 and Product Quality
- Basic understanding of Plant economics
- SAP – QM Knowledge
For regular full-time or regular part-time employees of the Company (participating companies as listed in the Summary Plan Description), insurance coverage options include medical, dental, vision coverage, life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs. Employees also participate in a company pension plan and a 401(k) plan. Paid leave includes up to 6 weeks of paid vacation time, up to 11 paid holidays, and parental leave offering 16 weeks of paid leave to birthing mothers, and 8 weeks of paid leave for non-birthing parents. Additionally, employees are eligible for disability leave for up to 52 weeks at 100% or 50% of base pay. Shell also offers other compensation such financial reimbursement for adoption, wellness, education, and personal learning expenses, and some roles are eligible for discretionary long-term incentives. For interns, eligible benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs; participation in a 401(k) plan; and paid leave for up to 11 paid holidays. Additional information on Shell’s US benefit programs can be found at https://www.shell.us/careers/about-careers-at-shell/rewards-and-benefits.html
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, while managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.