STEM Careers at Shell
A career in STEM can open the door to amazing opportunities. Shell has long supported and been committed to nurturing female talent within STEM. We strive to educate and expose women to opportunities within STEM through our partnerships with universities and research centers.
Many forms of engineering are integral to Shell's overall operations and we believe that by also collaborating with industry partners, we can achieve more. Establishing a solid foundation in Engineering will put you in good stead to capitalize on a range of future possibilities inside Shell's broad technical arena and give you the chance to make a meaningful impact on the future of the industry.
A career in Information Technology at Shell will provide you a challenging and fast-paced working environment in which to help build, implement and support IT solutions for a range of highly complex business functions. IT roles at Shell will suit someone with the greatest capacity for teamwork, problem solving and commercial aptitude.
Computational Science team
Shell's Computational Science team is looking for innovative and technically focused talent to deliver bespoke, high-end IT services to all areas of the business including Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering and Petroleum Engineering. With a career in Computational Science, you will have far-reaching influence on Shell’s commercial and operational objectives.
Where you fit in –
Shell Upstream Deepwater Gulf of Mexico is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer to support offshore producing assets. An exciting opportunity to be part of the team that supports power generation systems at some of the largest producing assets.
This role is accountable for Gulf of Mexico asset support, equipment care strategies (PMs, etc), project development, and technical review. This includes sharing and replicating best practices across the organization, serving as a technical resource, troubleshooting, and working in multidiscipline teams. In addition, this role delivers Electrical technical assurance to the assets, and tactical reliability/maintenance programs established by the team. This is an onshore role with offsite and offshore travel as needed.
What’s the role –
- Provide technical support and assurance for the Electrical discipline at assets, focusing on Process Safety, Availability, and Competitive Financials.
- Collaborate to develop Equipment Care Strategies to maintain long term health of equipment and power generation systems.
- Scope development for projects and major maintenance to ensure operational readiness and adherence to GOM standards.
- Work within multidiscipline support teams to troubleshoot and participate on Root Cause Failure Analysis teams
- Develop scope for turnaround and scheduled shut-ins.
- Collaboration on quality assurance, critical sparing, and overall asset care of electrical systems
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you –
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 6 or more years Electrical engineering experience with major facility power generations systems.
- Technical Proficiency in the following areas:
- Electrical Safety / Hazardous Areas & Equipment
- Electrical System Design/Modification
- Electrical Equipment Selection, Protection & Control
- Electrical Standards and Maintenance
- Electrical Drawings / Construction / Commissioning – Knowledge
- Excellent communication, stakeholder, and change management skills
- Learning mindset, and ability to adjust discipline programs based on learnings
- Demonstrated personal commitment to Safety as a Value
- Ability to be productive in multi discipline teams and work collaboratively with other teams.
- Ability to accomplish goals which require resources outside span of control.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you are proud of your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities.