What’s the role?
The Process Technician will be performing the following:
- Operating process units within the Production Area in accordance to Standard Operating Plan, Daily Operating Instructions and Standing Instructions and Site Health, Safety, Security, Environment procedures;
- Operating the plant within the Design-Operating-Window and the Integrity-Operating-Window;
- Perform structured rounds (DCS Panel/Field) and take corrective action to maintain equipment and plant operations within safe operating windows.
- Managing plant and equipment upsets, abnormal conditions and subsequent trouble-shooting including incidents/plant emergencies and subsequent follow-up;
- Assisting in coordination of daily maintenance planning and participating in shutdown and start-up of units;
- Update operating procedures and prepare job pack documentation for equipment repair
- Perform the role of Authorized Gas Tester (AGT) which includes conduct gas testing, zero energy check, issuance of permits for safe execution of maintenance tasks and turnaround activities
- Perform sampling and basic laboratory tests
- Contributing in keeping process materials records and to maintain good housekeeping practices;
- Keeping log records of operational activities for optimal and thorough handover to other shifts;
- Participating in minor maintenance activities;
- Perform the role of Auxiliary Fire Fighter if assigned in the event of emergency situations as per SJI policy.
- Apply emerging technologies to perform process operational tasks
- Operate robotic and automation technologies to perform plant surveillances and inspections
- Perform routine field data logging and reporting
- Use new data technologies to monitor plant and equipment performance
- Carry out/Perform other related duties when required
- Must be willing to perform overtime duties when required by the company
What we need from you
To be a successful candidate, you will have:
- Nitec/Higher Nitec in Chemical Process Technology or Diploma in Chemical Engineering / Chemical & Green Technology / Clean Energy;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in chemical processing or oil refining / utilities e.g. steam boilers and Cogeneration for Process Units;
- Able to operate DCS independently;
- WSQ Qualifications in workplace safety and health for process plants/manufacturing sites
- Mandatory HSSE competency requirement specifically on ACSSEW (confined space safety assessor);
- Qualified as a gas tester and/or confined space assessor;
- Flexible to perform both shift work and day-work, as well as overtime, when the need arises;
- Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply as we have a structured In-house training programme
If you don’t see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.
When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.