Area Maintenance Manager Execution
Where you fit in?
Shell Pernis will go through a major transformation in the coming decades to achieve net zero CO2 emissions. The plans have been developed to drastically reduce emissions in the short term and at the same time be able to make a profit. We will do that as Shell Energy and Chemicals Park Rotterdam. There's a lot going on.
What’s the role?
The Area Maintenance Manager Execution role is a critical leader role with contract holder accountabilities for high risk HSSE execution contracts. You are accountable for cost effective execution of all multidisciplinary maintenance and plant change activities for 4 production units, managing some 40 M Euro annually. The Area Maintenance Manager Execution will lead a team of 14 own staff and indirect more than 100 contractors. You will be part of the Area Maintenance Leadership Team.
The key focus areas of the role are:
- Securing personal safety and process safety targets
- Cost effective execution of all allocated multidisciplinary maintenance and plant change activities
- (Co-)driver to meet the Maintenance Execution KPI targets
- Chairman and driver of the Daily Area Alignment meeting, Weekly Long Term Planning Meeting and Daily Planning Meeting
- Providing specific (when requested) support to Turnarounds and Projects
- Relationship/interface management and collaboration with production people and functional experts
- Contract management - incumbent will act as the Contract-holder of the Cleaning & Waste Maintenance Contract
- The Area Maintenance Manager Execution will manage the costs of execution for the production units concerned, report on costs and savings and assure adherence to structured improvements by acting as driver of the cost leadership program for the respective activities
- Developing a “one-team” mindset & culture that drives execution efficiency and works closely with business stakeholders (Production Unit supervisors, Asset Engineers, Engineering & Assurance leads, peer Area supervisors, contractors and inspection bodies)
- Lead the natural team (own staff and contractors) in multidisciplinary maintenance and align internal and external maintenance partners
- Maintain and extend networks within, across and external to organizational boundaries. Implementation of improvement actions
- Contracting strategy and contract management: Responsible for adherence by all parties to agreements made with key contractors and suppliers. Represent Shell Pernis vis-à-vis external inspection bodies and contractors, for example during alignment/negotiations with significant commercial value for the company
- Responsible for people management of your team (target setting, performance review, development planning)
- Skill pool Management: Lead the demand side of recruitment since job coordination capability in maintenance is the feeder pool for the multidisciplinary execution and supervision staff in Pernis
- Continuous improvement: Is responsible for the results of the maintenance execution process and lead the team in continuous improvement by analysis of deficiencies and implementation of improvement actions
What we need from you?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant technical area
- Experience in SAP & Primavera
- Experience in refinery and chemical technical multidisciplinary maintenance
- Able to do Scheduling activities
- Experience in leading teams and passion for people development
- Proficiency in Dutch, verbal and written, is essential for overall effectiveness in the role
To be successful in this role, ideally you are/have:
- A technical person with HSSE leadership strengths, a commercial mindset coupled with a strong interest in the business and value delivery. Ability to take decisions that have mix of interfacing, technical, HSSE and commercial considerations
- HSE improvement skills & learner mindset; good at driving Continuous improvement
- Driving safe and cost competitive delivery of multidisciplinary maintenance execution scope
- The ability to build and lead a high multidisciplinary teams aligned around driving down cost and creating greater business value
- Capable of effective and impactful communications across topics, audiences and formats at all organizational levels. Building strong collaborative partnerships with senior business stakeholders. Resilience, courage and the willingness to challenge and manage business expectations in the context of a diverse stakeholder field
- Experience in shaping and translating the maintenance strategy into operational delivery of successful business outcomes. And in developing business cases and in managing maintenance execution budgets
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.