Where you fit in?
Fantastic opportunity at Shell Energy and Chemical Park Rotterdam for an electrical engineer. Within Shell we are looking for an Electrical Engineer who will help us to meet our energy transition goal of net zero emissions. Working on the Shell Energy and Chemical Park Rotterdam means that you are in the forefront of the energy transition.
We are working on a number of energy transition projects such as a world scale biofuel plant and multiple carbon capture projects, while maintaining and operating one of the largest industrial complexes in the Netherlands. In order to ensure reliable operation and facilitate the new energy projects there are a number of major projects underway to improve and expand the power grid at our site in Rotterdam.
Shell Energy and Chemical Park Rotterdam has its own distribution system and electricity generation electricity generation of about 200 megawatts. Electricity is distributed across the site at voltage levels voltage levels of 66kV, 25kV, 10kV, 6kV, 3kV and low voltage. On this site you will find all kinds of different electrical equipment, such as HV and LV motors, HV and LV VSDS systems, UPS systems, generators, HV and LV switchgear. There are currently several and large and complex projects underway to replace outdated equipment, add new equipment, further improve the factories and enable the energy transition.
Your technical know-how can make the difference here and there are good conditions for that. In addition to a good salary, you will receive a minimum of 37 vacation days, diverse career options, training opportunities and participate in the Shell pension scheme. You will be part of a dynamic team with lots of opportunities to develop your technical knowledge and skills within one of the largest companies in the world.
Do you have a passion for technology and do you like to work on large installations and different systems, with a lot of personal responsibility, excellent employment conditions and the space to develop yourself? Then this can be your new job!
What’s the role?
Our Shell Energy and Chemical Park Rotterdam is a fantastic place for engineers who want to expand and deepen their technical knowledge and skills. You will not only work with different systems and equipment, but also with all kinds of different people. Working at Shell means safety first, respect for each other, integrity and honesty, but also development and a chance to become part of a wonderful network.
In the team you are the one who offers us expertise in the field of technical maintenance, project support and assurance. Your working area covers the entire site (seven Refinery and two Chemical production units in Pernis and Europoort) including generation and distribution systems on site.
The candidate will also:
- Act as a senior electrical professional on the site
- Work on innovative solutions such as wireless measurements and data collection
- Contribute to the availability and reliability of the electrical network on the site
- Contribute to electrification and CO2 reduction goals
- Work closely with external partners such as contractors and suppliers. You are involved in monitoring the performance of these parties and keep an eye on the quality standards
- Initiate project proposals and to implement them in collaboration with your manager and teammates
- Take care of the commissioning of electrical equipment (both Factory Acceptance Test and site acceptance test)
- Making current plans and asset strategies for electrical systems, and adhere to the electrotechnical standards
- Stay up to date with the latest technological developments and have ideas about their application within your work area
- Provide us with professional technical advice regarding maintenance, repairs, revisions and fault diagnoses
- Act as Senior Authorized Electrical Person in High and Low Voltage installations. Participating in switching and electrical operational activities
- Take part in the electrical stand-by duty scheme, on an approximately six weeks per year duty cycle
What we need from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Qualified electrical engineer, extensive experience in Downstream, E&P and/or Gas and Power environment, including some work in more than one aspect
- Experience covers power generation & distribution and plant installations in the field of engineering, construction and commissioning
- Shall have appropriate leadership and personal skills which enable him/her to drive progress and compliance
- Self-starting and hands-on type of Electrical Engineer. Good interpersonal skills, such as influencing and communication skills, are required to establish and maintain working relationships with a wide range of site staff. Adequate leadership and analytical skills are required to manage troubleshooting, incident investigations and electrical improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of legislation, standards and practices in the field of electrical safety and design/construction of electrical installations
- Can act as Senior Electrical Authorized Person (Werkverantwoordelijke Hoog- en Laagspanning)
- Good communications skills to effectively operate within the site and maintain contacts with third parties and contractors
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application