Mechanical Engineer RNG
What’s the role?
The Mechanical Engineer Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) will be part of the Downstream project’s portfolio Engineering team with focus on RNG. The role will define, develop and lead the Mechanical Engineering in the RNG portfolio to enable Shell to successfully enter this new business both for organic growth; as well as inorganic growth. This will entail both development and delivery through the project lifecycle for the RNG portfolio in Europe; as well as supporting the technical Due Diligence of early deal space.
This role will be instrumental in shaping the RNG project Mechanical scope and Mechanical Engineering delivery from early phases of development and driving the competitive scoping ambitions while ensuring; we remain credible in our promises across each phase of development.
This position will directly support RNG projects across the Europe region and liaison with global teams across other regions (US/India). It will not have any direct reports, but indirectly will have several members with Shell and/or the EPC contractors working for this role.
Position is based in the Netherlands and will require travel to various project sites/locations.
As part of project definition and execution, this role will:
- Liaise closely with the Design Integrator, Project Manager, RNG Engineering lead to drive and deliver activities; - such as the development of material selection reports including corrosion, plot plans, mechanical arrangement drawings, flare and relief solutions and studies, piping and valve specifications, mechanical static equipment datasheets and specifications, welding, fabrication and inspection procedures, critical rotating equipment type selection and driver type selection study, rotating equipment type selection report, datasheets and specification and installation, commissioning, and start-up support
- Support deployment of innovation ideas for implementation across projects globally to make Downstream projects more cost effective and competitive
- Be instrumental in ensuring competitive scope definition and bringing in learnings from Shell and external sources including challenging EPC companies on their design basis
- The selected candidate will ideally have demonstrated track record of co-ordinating the successful delivery and completion of Mechanical Engineering discipline activities in a capital or asset project environment.
- Including sub-disciplines like rotating equipment, unfired heat transfer, Material and Corrosion management, piping, valves, flares, relief systems and pressurized equipment
- Mechanical engineering development and delivery during various phases of the project
- Support driving the organisational vision, purpose and value by being part of a strong team with EPC partners in clear alignment around desired project objectives and behaviors
- Development or the coordination of development of Mechanical specific deliverables, including supporting technical writeups for Feasibility reports and Basis for Design and BDEP’s
- Driving innovation idea generation for competitive and ingenious solutions
What we need from you
The Mechanical Engineer RNG must be capable to build a shared vision and deliver through others the required scope definition. The candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree (min) in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience within Oil & Gas industry including international work experience of working in and/or supporting projects including brownfield development in a downstream, chemicals production environment
- Demonstrated experience with Mechanical engineering in asset and or project environment
- Experience with project engineering and general Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in guiding and working with EPCM contractors in FEED and detailed engineering phase for the Mechanical scope of major downstream projects to achieve quality, cost and schedule objectives
- Knowledge of systems engineering and requirements management, industry standards and local regulations in the field of Mechanical engineering and its sub disciplines
- Proven ability in providing clear and decisive leadership in design choices for competitive outcomes
- Ability not only to apply own technical knowhow, but also to collaborate with other disciplines for improved solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with strong collaboration, team working skills and committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to engage and collaborate with EPC discipline staff and effectively balance technical and commercial requirements
- Interest to develop skills in digitalization and new developments in the industry
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.