Billing Process Analyst
At Shell Energy, we believe that home energy matters. As part of the New Energies team, we are setting up a new business in The Netherlands to support Shell’s ambition to lead in the energy transition towards a low-carbon future through more and cleaner energy solutions. The rapidly evolving retail energy market is a natural place for Shell to expand its business, building on the trusted relationships we have built with our millions of Shell fuel station customers. We aim to grow our customer base by offering an attractive range of products and a real alternative to other companies in the sector through a customer centric and digital approach.
Where you fit in
We are looking for someone who is commercially minded and can drive operational excellence. This new role will ensure that our newly set-up consumer energy business has the Billing process to support our aspired growth from a customer nr and product proposition point of view. The Customer Journey is at the heart of what we do, to drive the appropriate processes and customer experience, aligning to the risk controls of the business. In this role you will report to the Billing and Credit Manager and work closely with the Finance, Product, Commercial, Operations and Marketing team.
What’s the role
As a corporate start-up, you will be part of a fast-paced organisation. We’ll expect you to be pro-active and hands-on and in return will support and empower you to be successful. Your key accountabilities will include:
- Billing process owner: Your responsibility is to manage the daily billing process (300K invoices ’22) and to develop/continuously improve the billing process to ensure a strong customer experience today and in the future.
- Performance tracking and improvement: Operate and maintenance of a comprehensive and automated performance analysis and reporting system for all Billing related information.
- · Billing policies: Contribute to and maintain the Billing policy including process descriptions and actively incorporate the feedback from the CSC and customer experience team.
- · Billing compliance: Monitor and execute the automated budget bill to end year invoice process including the layout and legal compliance of the different invoices.
What we need from you?
Within a fast-moving operational environment, it is essential to balance short-term operational goals with longer term business ambitions. You can operate with a high degree of pragmatism and hold a hands-on mentality. Furthermore, you will have:
- Solid analytical skills: Strong analytical skills to be able to work with large amount of data and interdependencies including the legislation changes. Experience and proven ability to analyses complex
- data and operational issues. Being able to identify trends using internal and external data, to summaries the key findings and make recommendations in a clear and concise manager
- Operational Excellence: Commercial, operational and or finance person that has the desire to be responsible for a key process within this new organisation. This role has a big impact to the customer experience and requires continues monitoring and improvement to ensure the right level of first time right and automation
- Desire to make a difference: We’re looking to make a difference to customer’s energy lives and we need a passionate candidate that would like to make the difference
- Billing / Finance expertise: Experience in billing and/or Finance is appreciated, demonstrate experience in a previous or current role delivering billing, metrics and optimisations
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Amazing job opportunity in the midst of the energy transistion!
Where do you fit?
- Network Planner CRT Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Waste to Py-oil Lead Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Category Manager - Confectionary Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Airport Optimisation DACH Hamburg, Germany, Rotterdam, Netherlands, London, United Kingdom
- CRM Acceleration Lead Rotterdam, Netherlands