Business Lead Low Carbon Fuels
Where you fit in
Low Carbon Fuels ‘LCF’ is a massive growth agenda for Shell to reach the Carbon ambitions of the Group and commitment to regulators. As part of strategic business agenda major capital improvements are being pursued and as this agenda progresses, Shell must maintain its commitment to compliance, regulation, and social responsibility.
What’s the role?
As Business Lead Low Carbon Fuels (LCF), you will be responsible for supporting new business ambitions in LCF Trading, Commercial Operations and Regulatory Operations by driving & implementing various projects, i.e., digitalization, improvement control framework and assurance, etc. You will work with LCF & other teams globally in developing and implementing controls and assurances and ensure that risk in the gaps in prior work has been mitigated.
- Business Knowledge: Acting as focal for the LCF EU business development team priorities and efforts. You will also be representing LCF in various program changes in program methodology. Responding to Shell Internal Audit and external reviews and audit findings around financial crime, operational, sanction & other risk factors.
- Stakeholder Management: Scope may include coordinating with Business Risk Manager or other related Compliance Programs such as Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Data Protection, Global Information and Records Management. Scope will not include SOX Controls. Project Management Office support for key Business Integration & Assurance (BIAM) projects.
- Process Mapping: Documenting processes, controls and assurance for the business and work through implementation, as well as acting as custodian for the documentation and processes.
- Controls & Assurance: Planning, control and execute complex programs with the aim of embedding Compliance Assurance for LCF. Ensuring that through the massive growth agenda for Low Carbon Fuels, the process and controls are managed with rigor and the same level of diligence with the existing businesses. Implement changes resulting from assurance activities in Trading and Operations landscape.
- Project Management: Defining Key Success criteria for moving the program phase from Project Implementation to Business as Usual.
- Information management for EU LCF team: Sharepoint site FSO, controlled documents review cycle, records management.
- Teamwork: You will be working in a global team within BIAM group & also LCF team. You will also be working with virtual teams.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from individuals with extensive experience and strong interest in Project Management, Change Management, Process engineering, etc. and who have a passion for the energy transition.
Furthermore, we hope you possess the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, and other Business courses.
- Good communication and analytical skills, excellent stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of key compliance and financial crime concerns, as well as operational and key risks to LCF business.
- Experience in Trading & Supply (T&S) Products Process and Systems (Trading/Operations or Local Supply & Distribution), knowledge of other commodities and systems is also a plus.
- Awareness in Low Carbon and Emissions landscape in Europe is a plus.
- Familiarity with data programs, agile methodology and system improvements is a plus.
- Resilient, able to plan activities and work with sometimes conflicting deadlines to comply with business needs and policy guidelines through effective Project Management skills
- Effective in working with diverse teams with multiple priorities across desks and countries.
- Fluent in English and Dutch. Other language skills are a plus.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.