eMobility Business Development Manager
What’s the role?
This role has the responsibility to develop and implement electric vehicle (EV) charging business models at depot locations for Fleet Solutions and CRT customers in Europe. This role will create a sustainable business model that drives value to Fleet customers and help Fleet Solutions to become the number one provider of electric mobility to Fleets globally.
Shell is committed to providing customers with the simplest and most convenient EV charging experience. It is critical that new EV charging opportunities combine the right locations, charging hardware and software as well as marketing support and digital integration to provide a winning customer offer. In addition to assessing, designing and implementing charging for Fleet depots, this role will have a strong commercial focus to ensure profitable business models that meet Shell’s investment criteria. Concretely, this role has the responsibility to develop & manage a series of business opportunities to extend EV charging at Fleet depots and build partnerships with large operational fleets in Europe.
These are long term commercial partnerships to deploy and maintain a network of EV charge posts at customer locations for the next 10-15 years.
This is an exciting & demanding role to expand Shell’s ability to power mobility, strengthen Shell’ s EV charging business and contribute to the Shell Group’s net carbon footprint ambition.
- Engage potential customers and develop a pipeline of opportunities with the local and global account organization, including supporting the commercial negotiations & contracting.
- Develop and manage opportunities across the various stages of opportunity realisation: from initial assessment through to implementation & operation
- Working with other members of the team, Shell Recharge Solutions, as well as other entities within Shell, define and create the relevant EV charging offers for Fleet depots & mobility hub opportunities
- Propose & develop value add opportunities with customers, to increase utilisation or otherwise bring more value from the partnership
- You will work extensively with Shell Mobility teams in local markets and Renewable & Energy Solutions to ensure that new locations complement and build on the existing Shell Mobility plans:
- Marketing & pricing: activation and effective utilisation
What we need from you?
- Extensive experience in depot / eMobility
- Excellent stakeholder management skills: capable of managing both external relationships & a large range of internal stakeholders to successfully identify and deliver EV charging opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen: being comfortable with complex business models and deal structures in what is a new commercial business for Shell
- Well-developed project & opportunity management skills. Being able to lead and drive work across multiple workstreams to ensure the successful delivery of an opportunity across its lifecycle.
- Customer centric mindset, ensuring that our product serves the needs of Fleet and Leasing customers.
- Passion for the energy transition, and to help Shell to serve the customers of the future
Shell Netherlands is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There has never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell plays their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.