Network Planner CRT
Where you fit in?
Shell Mobility represents the single largest customer-facing business in the group serving more than 30mln mobility and over 250,000 Fleet customers per day through 500,000 service champions in over 44,000 sites across 70+ countries. As Shell looks to the future, Mobility is critical to establish Shell as The Low Carbon Leader, with ambitions to be the no. 1 mobility and convenience retailer, with the world’s leading EV charging network and lead in business and goods mobility platform.
Achieving our ambitions will necessitate placing customers at the heart of our business, treating every interaction as a chance to bring our purpose to life to making people’s journeys better. We’re evolving from ‘fuels retailer’ to ‘mobility retailer’- innovating to meet our customers’ changing expectations around convenience, product quality, digitalization and service. This includes continuing to improve the quality of our current products while expanding our alternative energy mosaic (LNG, hydrogen, EV charging and biofuels). Mobility is the most customer intimate business in Shell and a front seat to the mobility transition seen from the eyes of customer. A career in mobility is fast paced and dynamic.
Network Planning is part of Mobility’s Network organisation in the Benelux and France. Network Planning forms the unit which develops and drives the Network strategy to implementation. Key focus is to manage cost to serve and strive for the ideal network of retail sites within boundaries of available Capex and Revex, and consideration of different Operator models.
Come join us as we embark on the next phase of our ambition focusing on e-mobility and decarbonization.
What’s the role?
Network Planner holds special accountability to produce and implement the CRT Integrated Master Plan and to be the link between the Commercial Road Transport (CRT) organisation and Mobility Network. This comes with high responsibility on return generation and project coordination. The Planner should be able to lead these processes through all layers in our organisation and work with our partners.
- Turning business cases for CRT into real life projects
- Production and implementation of Integrated Master Plan for CRT in all countries in conjunction with the Network Strategy and Country Strategy
- Contribute to the ambition of CRT by defining a core network with a variety of Low Emission Fuels, such as EV for Heavy Duty Vehicles, biofuels, LNG and H2.
- Act as coordinator for Network projects, ensure on-time implementation by close engagement with respective internal and external stakeholder and partner companies - work closely with CRT Business Development, Real Estate & Engineering teams
- Support Capex Management, Multi Year Plan and Post Investment Review processes for CRT across the cluster.
- Closely collaborate with country lead planners and EV planners on advanced and/or integrated business cases
You will work extensively with Mobility local market teams to ensure that new locations compliment and build on the existing Mobility plans:
- Real Estate: contracts, execution
- Engineering: site design, HSSE, network build & operation
- Marketing & pricing: activation and utilization
What we need from you?
LAT (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork) behaviours as well as Personal & Business skills will constitute the backbone of a successful Mobility organisation. We are therefore looking for candidates with credibility (or proven willingness and capability to improve) and good reputation in these areas. The candidate should have the following skills and requirements:
- Master’s degree with proven related work experience
- Proven combined experience of commercial, marketing and business development roles
- Extensive knowledge with MS Excel & MS PowerPoint
- Good understanding through operational positions in Sales, Convenience Retail or Marketing
- Strong track record in delivering commercial opportunities and in managing complex projects
- Result oriented, effective decision maker and persuasive in communications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal & stakeholder management skills
- Energy, flexibility and self-starter mentality
- Passion for the Energy Transition
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Where do you fit?
- Billing Process Analyst Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Waste to Py-oil Lead Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Category Manager - Confectionary Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Airport Optimisation DACH Hamburg, Germany, Rotterdam, Netherlands, London, United Kingdom
- CRM Acceleration Lead Rotterdam, Netherlands