Supply Chain Dev. Mgr, Biofuels
Where you fit in
Shell aspires to be a global leader in providing cleaner energy solutions to consumers. Trading & Supply is integral to this aspiration and is working with partners in the Downstream to grow its position as a market leader in BioFuels by securing a sizeable and sustainable portfolio of active feedstock positions through our established Global Trading Network, the development of new supply infrastructure while ensuring the business continues to evolve with biofuels legislation, international trade policies and market developments.
What’s the role?
As Supply Chain Development Manager to Shell’s Biofuels division, you will design, develop and implement a global aggregation strategy for a world scale supply chain of HVO feedstock into Shell’s growing HVO manufacturing footprint in Europe. Part of your role will also include supply chain network design, selection of strategically located feedstock aggregation terminals in key feedstock sourcing markets and the development of strategic partnerships with logistic service providers to ensure Shell can tap into the widest range of HVO feedstock opportunities, while minimizing total delivered cost of supply to the production facilities.
You will also aid the delivery and implementation of a portfolio of specific opportunities for aggregation terminals in Europe and across the globe, in compliance with all relevant local and international laws & regulations. Together with your design and operationalization of the aggregation strategy, this will provide Shell with a competitive edge and also act as a catalyst for growth in currently less developed feedstock markets.
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from professionals who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree, or equivalent work experience. Beyond that, we’d hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Substantial experience with storage, handling and transport on a wide array of HVO feedstock and understanding the nature of feedstock markets in key countries of origin;
- End-to-end understanding on how value is created in the biofuels business such as supply chain network design and cost optimization;
- Knowledge of international import/export trade practices;
- Broad and robust knowledge of the global regulatory environment for feedstocks and biofuels and waste management legislations applicable in core markets in Europe, North America and Asia;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.