STEM Careers at Shell
A career in STEM can open the door to amazing opportunities. Shell has long supported and been committed to nurturing female talent within STEM. We strive to educate and expose women to opportunities within STEM through our partnerships with universities and research centers.
Many forms of engineering are integral to Shell's overall operations and we believe that by also collaborating with industry partners, we can achieve more. Establishing a solid foundation in Engineering will put you in good stead to capitalize on a range of future possibilities inside Shell's broad technical arena and give you the chance to make a meaningful impact on the future of the industry.
A career in Information Technology at Shell will provide you a challenging and fast-paced working environment in which to help build, implement and support IT solutions for a range of highly complex business functions. IT roles at Shell will suit someone with the greatest capacity for teamwork, problem solving and commercial aptitude.
Computational Science team
Shell's Computational Science team is looking for innovative and technically focused talent to deliver bespoke, high-end IT services to all areas of the business including Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering and Petroleum Engineering. With a career in Computational Science, you will have far-reaching influence on Shell’s commercial and operational objectives.
Pressure Equipment Integrity Supervisor - Mobile, AL
Mobile is seeking a Pressure Equipment Integrity Team Leader. The PEI Team Leader is responsible for providing pressure equipment integrity assurance to the Mobile Site. This role will work closely with Corrosion & Materials Engineers, Pressure Equipment Engineers, PEI Inspectors, and the production team, to establish inspection schedules, identify corrosion threats, monitor equipment condition, analyze inspection data, document condition history, and make recommendations to ensure safe, reliable operation of pressure equipment.
What’s the role?
The PEI Team Leader is responsible for ensuring that all pressure equipment is designed, fabricated, operated, inspected, maintained, modified and repaired in a manner that provides pressure equipment integrity and cost-effective reliability. This equipment includes pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, relief valves, piping systems, and structural supports. The PEI Team Leader ensures that all maintenance, inspection, repairs, re-rates, and alterations made to pressure equipment follows applicable laws, regulations, industry codes, standards, and recommended practices.
The PEI Team Leader is most effective in providing integrity assurance with a full understanding of the corrosion and deterioration mechanisms in their responsible units. The PEI Team Leader shall also be knowledgeable of the risk profile of equipment and informed about the manner in which equipment is being operated. The PEI Team Leader applies resources in the most effective manner to achieve equipment integrity.
Responsible for the implementation of the PEIM program at the Mobile Site including the following activities:
- Responsible for inspection activities and direction of inspection personnel. Drives risk based inspection activities on site.
- Maintain a database inventory of all pressure vessels, boilers and safety relief valves, including inspection and maintenance records.
- Designs, implements, maintains, and controls the issue of quality assurance manuals, procedures, standards and other quality assurance documents, including revisions.
- Approves inspection plans, N.D.E., repair, pressure piping construction, safety valve servicing and special process contracts with respect to code and technical requirements.
- Monitors, audits and assesses contractor and vendor inspection activities.
- Makes recommendations as to the approval or disqualification of vendors and contractors based on findings.
- Reviews and audits inspection reports/activities and corrects where required.
- Metric reporting, corporate and local.
- Directly mentor and lead Shell PEI Inspectors.
- Accountable for performance reviews as well as competency development and time management for the inspectors and pressure equipment engineers.
- Maintain professional contacts within Shell and within the PEI and inspection industry.
- Supervise the creating of essential TA scope as it pertains to PEI.
- Accountable for performance and contract management of pressure equipment inspection 3rd parties for routine maintenance, project, and turnaround inspection work.
- Participate in the MOC Process as the Pressure Equipment Subject Matter Expert (SME). Serve as PEI discipline approver for the MOC process.
- Interact with chemists and chemical engineers to build a basic understanding of processes.
- Make and/or validate Maximum Allowable Pressure and Temperature Ratings for new/used pressure equipment.
- Rerate existing pressure equipment utilizing computer analysis and applicable ASME/API documents.
- Interact with outside fabricators for pressure equipment fabrication and/or modification.
- Validate and/or make materials (metallic and non-metallic) recommendations for corrosion and chemical resistance.
- Validate and/or make API based sizing calculations for pressure relief devices.
- Validate and/or recommend necessary pressure relief devices.
- Validate and/or conceptualize designs for other miscellaneous mechanical equipment including performing stress analysis for strength calculations.
- Provide troubleshooting, and technical support for inspection issues.
- Ongoing training of the inspectors.
- Provide guidance to technology development, design standards, and best practices in the inspection technology.
- Support the development of risk-based inspection plans based on corrosion mechanisms of interest.
- Act as a technical resource for inspectors.
- Perform incident investigations as required.
- Monitor process conditions and ensure that inspection requirements are adjusted as required to accommodate process changes. Recommend corrective actions as required.
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you are proud of your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities.