Where you fit in
In Project & Engineering, we believe that an inclusive and diverse workplace is essential to our future success. Reshape provides the opportunity for growth to people from all walks of life across the globe. Our selection criteria focus on getting the best talent for the job and we encourage you to apply for the role if you believe your experience, skills, competencies, or diverse perspective can make a difference. We are committed to bias-free resourcing, allowing equal opportunity to everyone.
The MCI Engineer is accountable to the MCI Delivery Manager in P&E Malaysia for the delivery of MCI scope across Shell Malaysia’s upstream portfolio. The individual will be a member of the MCI Delivery Team working on the total delivery of MCI scope through the ORP encompassing design, fabrication, construction, installation, and commissioning on projects including Project-to-Asset handover.
What’s the role?
- Plan and manage the Materials, Corrosion, and Inspection activities in the pre-and Post DG3 Project phases to maximize the Company's business value.
- Provide Materials, Corrosion, and Inspection engineering inputs to post DG 3 activities and
provide MCI support during FEED, Detail Design (DD), and Execution phases.
- Define fit-for-purpose solutions for project designs, recognizing the facilities, wells & pipeline life cycle & not compromising long-term asset & technical integrity.
- Supervised third-party (Engineering) contractor activities, reviewed, improved, and approved FEED, Detail Design, and Fabrication MCI documents.
- Provide input to manage project uncertainties/risks, including HS&E assessment, and propose mitigation plans. - Participate in the assurance process at key stages of the project design & and execution in the form of Peer review and Integrated Functional Review.
- Provide low-cost Solutions in projects FEED, Detail Design, and fabrication including brownfield & and greenfield opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Shell Standards & Practices, International Codes & Standards & and perform the technical authority role in accordance with DCAF.
- Ensure deployment of new MCI technologies and drive applications gaining acceptance with the projects/asset’s leaders. Accountabilities
- Plan, investigate, develop, integrate, document & and validate project feasibility assessments & and decisions for endorsement at DG 4.
- Propose, study, develop, evaluate, integrate, prepare preliminary delivery plans, & and document project concept selection decisions for endorsement at Decision Gate 4.
- Provide surface facilities engineering MCI input into the preparation of FEED and DD.
- Define project uncertainties/risks, including HS&E and SD assessment, and propose a mitigation plan.
- Focus on low-cost solutions and new Business Development opportunities, including brownfield and greenfield opportunities.
What do we need from you
- Minimum BSc or BEng level either in Metallurgy, Materials, Chemical or Mechanical, or related degrees.
- Must include a discipline engineering core role and proven experience in offshore project delivery.
- Have competencies consistent with the full Materials Corrosion and inspection discipline requirements.
- Must have at least knowledge level experience in multidiscipline team design and execution project delivery.
- Experience in working with sub-surface disciplines.
- Must have knowledge level experience in dealing with front-end project delivery.
- Good and effective teamwork interpersonal and communication skills.
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia’s progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia’s future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
Ø Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World’s first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
Ø Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell’s strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
Ø We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
Ø We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
Ø We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.