Where do you fit in
The Project Engineer will be part of the Project Engineering team reporting to the Project Engineering Manager on a full-time basis and will work in a multidisciplinary environment. On day-to-day job, he will report to Site Team Lead for existing asset improvement project, Walk-to-Work (WTW) project.
Expect lots of support and encouragement while you’re here. You’ll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them. We value career growth. You’ll have limitless opportunities to explore – whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking in a different direction.
What’s the role?
The Project Engineer will be responsible to provide support to the Project Engineering manager to achieve project goals and objectives for successful project delivery. His/her specific tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a Goal Zero philosophy with a high standard of Personal Safety and Process Safety.
- Responsible with the help from Senior Engineer to implement SMEP Projects and Technology target of delivering best in class projects, championing efficient execution for assigned projects.
- Responsible with the help from Senior Engineer to execute assigned Walk-to-Work Improvement Project from Define to Execute phase; covering the areas of engineering, contracting & procurement, construction, commissioning, and handover to Asset Team.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with functional workstreams - Project Services, Contracting and Procurement, HSSE, Quality, Finance, Systems Engineering, etc
- Support the WTW Team Lead in interface management and interface controls internally (within project team, Asset matrix support discipline engineers & support functions) and externally (Regulators, Authorities, Partners, Contractors, Vendors)
- Support Team Lead in project reviews/audits and workshops,
- ensuring timely & proper close-out of all action items
- Drive the no-change mindset and manage changes within the assigned PoP Projects scope with strict adherence to Management of Change process
- Responsible to ensure close-out report, previous learnings and best practices are applied, and lessons learnt are captured/compiled for the assigned PoP Projects scope
- Support the Team Lead to prepare/coordinate project reports in cooperation with Project Services
What do we need from you?
- Possess an Engineering degree from a reputable university, with at least 5 years working experience in the oil & gas industry (of which at least 2 years hands on experience in project management of oil & gas projects)
- Experience in Project Management and Project Controls. Candidates with experience as Project Engineer in Define/Execute Phase preferred Experience working in Malaysian Upstream environment and familiar with local PSC Contracting requirements
- Experience working on offshore maintenance vessels and setting up of vessels contracts.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, able to manage and motivate team members across different functions Excellent interpersonal skills, must be able to deal effectively with both internal and external stakeholders Experience in managing EPC contracts to successfully deliver on strong HSSE, costs, quality and schedule performance.
- Willing to travel including to offshore location and onboard maintenance vessels.