Country Singapore City/State Singapore - Metropolis Work Location Singapore - Metropolis
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Deal Structurer with finance background in deal structuring and is skilled in financial modeling with stakeholder management capability.
Where you fit in
This role is for a Deal Structurer within Shell Energy Europe & Environmental Products (SE-EE).
The Deal Structuring team in SE-EE is a commercial function accountable for the valuation and risk assessment of new complex contracts and takes ownership of the valuation and deal management methodology. The team (currently 10 Deal Structurers and 2 Team Leads) operates from the Shell trading hub in London where the majority of the team members are located with some individual ones located in the local sales offices in continental Europe.
The main activity of the Deal Structuring team is close collaboration with Originators and Trading desks to develop deal opportunities that add value and to support growth of the portfolio within the Energy product space in Power & Gas in Europe and for Environmental Products across the globe.
The main commercial stakeholders for the Deal Structuring team are the Power and Gas Businesses in Europe and the Environmental Product Trading Business (EPTB) that operates globally with desks in London, Singapore, San Diego and Shanghai.
To support the growing activities of EPTB in Asia and Oceania, specifically to give local support to the EPTB desks in Singapore and Shanghai, the Deal Structuring team expands its presence to the Shell Trading Hub in Singapore.
What’s the role?
We are therefore looking for a senior individual who combines the quantitative and analytical skillset of a Deal Structurer with a commercial mindset and the ability to manage a complex stakeholder environment across multiple locations. While the role reports into the team lead in London, working on a different time zone, the candidate is expected to show a high degree of independence to manage the requirements for the EPTB desks locally in Singapore and Shanghai and balance it with full integration into the Deal Structuring team in London.
The role needs the necessary experience and self-dependence to quickly build a strong relationship with the EPTB business in Singapore and Shanghai and increase and supervise the local Deal Structuring activity. EPTB works in fast-changing and illiquid markets and continuously needs to adapt. The role therefore requires an agile, creative mind and strong work ethic to keep pace with the market developments.
We expect the candidate to travel to Shanghai and on occasion to accompany the EPTB originators for external meetings with customers in the area. It will also be required to travel to London regularly to keep in touch with the colleagues in the team.
Accountabilities for the role:
The main responsibility of the role is to collaborate with the EPTB desks in the area and support the growth of the EPTB portfolio, while being accountable for the methodology of the valuation and risk assessment of complex transactions.
The role needs to:
- Represent the Deal Structuring team in Singapore and build strong relationships with the local stakeholders in EPTB and internal functional departments (Risk, Finance, Credit)
- Collaborate with EPTB originators and traders to create innovative structured products in response to demand and changing market conditions
- Keep close connection with the Deal Structuring team in London and ensure a common aligned approach
- Provide an independent view on structured transactions, with constructive challenge of the deal owner as required and suggest alternative solutions or improvements
- Develop and own valuation methods and models for pricing and risk assessment of complex structured contracts. Identify value drivers and risks inherent in the transactions (e.g. market risk, project risk, credit risk, regulatory risk, financing risk).
- As part of the deal team proactively engage with commercial project leaders to (re-)structure non-standard transactions during negotiation phase, be creative to suggest alternative solutions and adaption of contract structures
- Work closely with all relevant internal stakeholders during the approval process
- Collaborate with deal owners to manage and extract value from acquired structured positions
- Maintain close, collaborative relationships with the wider EPTB team and other internal partners in the value chain such as New Energies / Nature Based Solutions (NBS)
- Maintain an outward mindset and ongoing commitment of Deal Structuring to the One-team approach