Where you fit in
The Crude Trading Team is responsible for crude trading ex the Middle East, Far East and FSU into all demand basins across the globe. There is increasing portion from the non-traditional regions, such as LATAM, US, NS, MED and WAF. In addition, the book continually trades a large amount of derivatives for hedging and speculative purpose. You can count on support from management and due recognition of achievement. However, you are expected to be a quick learner, capable of understanding risk and its management, and comfortable with independent accountability for significant business activities within a few months of commencing in the role.
What's the role
- Responsible for managing the Eastern Crude trading team's trading book structure.
- Ensuring all deals performed by the team are appropriately allocated to profit groups and hedged in accordance with the team's strategy.
- Understanding and quantifying the team's market exposures at all times.
- Understanding and explaining the teams P&L on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to team strategy and trading tactics formulation.
- Provide various market reports for effective business management.
- Support and coordinate the teams capture of arbitrage opportunities when they're identified.
- Provide adhoc book and market analysis on an as needs basis and leverage one's own creativity and understanding of the market to provide insights into market price evolution.
- Team player within the Singapore crude oil team and a positive contributor to other Shell Trading offices.
What we need from you
- Prior experience as a Risk Analyst or Exposure Analyst.
- Working knowledge of commercial and technical aspects of oil refining, refined products and energy trading .
- Proficient in tools such as Excel, VBA, Python.
- Experience working within an oil trading organization is preferred.
- Specific experience in oil product supply & demand forecasting tools is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to requests from multiple customers.
- Ability to cope with fast pace work and deliver under stress
- High numeracy with good analytical skills and meticulous in attention to detail
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.