Facilities Services Manager - Tuas
Where you fit in
Real Estate (RE) manages the Group's Real Estate portfolio, Shell Business Operations and Corporate Travel programme. Strategic intent is to enable the different businesses to deliver their goals by creating safe, secure, and productive environments that allow people to perform at their best.
The rapidly growing RE scope is one of the globe's largest RE portfolios and includes offices, industrial/labs and accommodation for Shell Businesses, Projects, and Ventures. We contribute to the company’s world class investment case by driving a cost competitive real estate portfolio, and more sustainable footprint through improved energy efficiencies and more renewable power.
The RE team of professionals has established a strong reputation as mature Corporate Real Estate organization, delivering portfolio strategies, commercial transactions, capital projects, facility and business operations services and travel support to the various Shell Businesses and Functions in all parts of the world. Therefore, RE continues to seek the best talent across Shell to become part of our team, and to help us meet these dynamic and growing business needs.
What’s the role?
Shell's Real Estate (RE) purpose: "to create experiences for people to be at their best". These experiences are aimed for Shell's customers, employees, and visitors to feel inspired, at ease, welcomed and focused on the activity at hand.
In the role of RE Facilities Services Manager (FM), you will be at the helm of creating these experiences. Your direct reports and/or service providers are responsible for either Services or Building Maintenance. In your team, also staff from Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE), Asset Protection, IT Operations are included.
- FM integrates the delivery at the location through a highly collaborative environment and acts as the primary local focal point to senior leaders of the respective businesses
- This role will demand close cooperation with the other functions who support people's productivity & wellbeing, whilst also ensuring learnings taken from the external market
- Lead the incident/quality deviation investigation, perform root cause analysis on asset failure and propose effective corrective and preventive actions
- Conduct LOD1, regular quality assurance reviews with the construction team contractor for quality and integrity. Develop & manage Project Assurance processes
- Monitor and report utilities energy consumption at site and implement solutions to optimize them
- Support Facility manager in provide strategic input into design of any new projects, repair and refurbishment works and ensure they are in compliant with the Facility Management requirements at all stages. Integrate designs into construction and conduct assurance reviews
- Support Facility Manager to deliver business and financial acumen (OPEX & CAPEX) in planning, managing, monitoring high value contracts & site budget per routine cycle
- Support Facility manager to deliver end to end site transition (i.e., migration to new vendor, office move, site rejuvenation exercise & etc.)
- Own and oversee M&Eservices onboarding for Tuas Lubricant Plant non-production area
What we need from you?
We are keen to hear from individuals who have a Bachelor’s degree as a minimum in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical) and preferably working experience in the oil and gas or manufacturing/plant industrial environment related role.
Beyond that, we’d hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Have strong Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) leadership and can demonstrate a track record of Goal Zero – no harm no leaks. Site to be 100% compliance to the HSSE framework, Country regulatory & execution per project and routine
- Have strong knowledge in HSSE and will be assuming the role as RE custodian owner (non-production area) for operational permit approval
- Have proven track record in delivery of site level RE operations, leading multi discipline teams in challenging environments
- Have proven track record in business partnering, strong stakeholder relationships and management with ability to influence business stakeholders at respective sites
- Have proven track record in delivering and managing vendor performance management, mid to large value contract negotiation and translate the intended contract scope & value into outcome that aligns with Shell's ambitions
- Have knowledge and adhere to all country's related regulatory compliance to both the sites under your management. Always ready to be part (or lead) of any country taskforce during uncertainty/crisis/BCP period
- Proven track record in delivery site level RE operation, leading multi discipline / vendors teams in challenging environments
- Can demonstrate external focus, simplicity, speed of delivery (IFM or Projects related) and managing site escalations
As a Facilities Services Manager for Tuas Lubricant Plant, empathy is important as your main role involves managing good relations and understand the business leader needs. As a member of the RE FM SG & MY organization, you uphold strong leadership skills. Other soft skills required from you include the following:
- A Learner Mindset – Role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes. Always seek for continuous improvement opportunities
- Maximize performance – Integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximize commercial value
- Create the environment for others to feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity on intent, priorities, and outcomes
- Good interpersonal skills to have quality conversations with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong collaboration skills to lead and foster leadership quality throughout teams, ability to manage conflicts and work to resolve ambiguity and delivery joint outcome
- Self-motivation to see things through under challenging circumstances and succeeding
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they do not feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
More About Shell in Singapore
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.