Marketing & Business Development Manager
Where you fit in
If you are a dynamic marketing strategist with a proven flair for driving successful business development initiatives in the automotive industry, then this could be the role to express your passion. You will play a pivotal role in identifying and pursuing business opportunities, creating, and implementing cutting-edge marketing strategies to forge partnerships with some of the world's leading car manufacturers. Your in-depth knowledge of market trends, consumer behavior, and brand positioning will play a crucial role in effectively aligning with the business objectives of both our company and our strategic partners.
What’s the role?
As the Marketing and Business Development Manager - Japanese Key Accounts, you will report to the Head of Automotive and Motorbike Marketing and be responsible for a range of accounts across the Global Key Accounts portfolio, with a primary focus on Japanese OEMs. Your role as the global marketing lead within Core Teams for selected accounts will encompass:
- Developing comprehensive account strategies and global end-to-end offers, including traditional lubricants and integrated cross-business Customer Value Propositions. Your insights into sector and customer preferences will shape effective strategies.
- Collaborating closely with OEMs and local markets to co-develop marketing programs that align with Global Agreements, utilizing best practices from the Global Marketing Centre of Excellence.
- Providing support for commercial tender and business defence activities, as well as pipeline and deployment initiatives to drive business growth and seize new opportunities.
- Managing global marketing account responsibilities, such as SP&A management, R&D planning support, ensuring a competitive product portfolio, and overseeing customer-specific packaging and label initiatives within Shell.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to drive value through customer sponsorship activities, contributing to effective business development efforts.
What we need from you
As the direct interface with Global Key Accounts customers and prospects, your passion and professionalism will shine as you navigate high-pressure and commercially sensitive situations. In addition, you will have:
- 7+ years of Sales/Marketing experience in the OEM Automotive industry
- Customer-focused commercial mindset with B2B experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Japanese proficiency is highly advantageous
- Deep understanding of Japanese OEM is preferred
- Possession of a legal authorization to work in SINGAPORE (SECONDARY LOCATIONS SHANGHAI, KL, BKK) on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Result-oriented "Can Do" attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to work effectively in uncertain environments and balance high-value activities under pressure
- Leadership without authority, leading both internally and externally
- Passion for the Energy Transition
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically for around 20 % of the time
If you don’t see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.