Senior Market Risk Analyst
The Senior Products Market Risk Analyst is responsible for ensuring that day to day risk management activities surrounding the SIETCO T&S Products organization are executed in a controlled and professional manner including:
- Ensuring all trading activities remain within mandated exposure and risk limits.
- Ensuring all exposures are properly recorded using established fair value methodologies.
- Ensuring a daily commentary is produced analyzing daily/monthly P&L performance.
The role is expected to have Market Risk oversight over the T&S Products businesses, specifically in ensuring there is appropriate control and understanding on the identification, valuation and exposure reporting for the various Products Trading desks, and where required, provide event-specific additional monitoring (e.g. IMO 2020), or act as a Focal point for a major Market Risk initiative (e.g. Quant Portal focal point).
Working closely with the Credit and Enterprise Risk teams to ensure trading risks and returns are fully understood, captured and challenged where necessary. This will also include longer term risks, inherent in contracts such as, but not limited to, storage, pipelines, time-charters. The role works closely with risk leads for all parts of the risk management spectrum including a significant Shell Business Operations component. The incumbent is tasked with ensuring that the SIETCO T&S Products business is widely understood and that any changes to it or the supporting risk management framework are communicated properly to all stakeholders.
In other words, the Role entails:
- Risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, valuation parameters, and instrument types for Products
- Develop and apply fair economic value principles across the Products business, includes providing modeling support and coordinating across the Global Products teams to ensure consistent application.
- Become a systems and data expert ensuring that knowledge around market risk reference data & forward curve construction is well documented for the benefit of the wider Market Risk team.
- Provide review and comments on new and group business proposals.
- Assess the risks associated with structured deals and the valuation models used for physical/financial trading and hedging, at times building out models to calibrate performance of such deals.
- Assist in limit setting & monitoring of SIETCO Products business, but equally play a key role in limit setting across the Global Products business
- Develop tools for on-going portfolio reviews and produce “deep dive” analysis for senior management
- Drive understanding of the design and utilization of methodologies to assess risk/reward of the portfolio, including VaR back-testing / Stress Testing / Scenario Analysis / pricing for liquidity
- Ensures that all exposures generated are fully understood and that these exposures and resultant P&L are properly evaluated, validated and analyzed prior to any income being reported.
- Collaborate with IT and other staff to identify, develop and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for risk books
- User testing of systems functionality and enhancements while providing feedback to key stakeholders
- This role will provide risk management expertise in complex areas
- Support the review and execution of SOX controls
- Partner with and provide support to other Products Market Risk Teams
- Provide input for the quarterly Global Products Risk Committee meetings