Senior Sales Manager - Polyol
Are you a bottom-line, results driven individual that prioritizes the customer in every decision? Do you enjoy growing/strengthening customer relationships by developing win-win value propositions with them? Are you a seasoned professional sales in Polyurethane or Polyol industry? If so, then the Senior Sales Manager position is a highly impactful position managing customer accounts in the Chemicals and Products portfolio.
What's the role
Customer’s needs are rapidly changing especially with respect to sustainability. The Senior Sales Manager will manage complex customer relationships to understand their needs and, with the GM Commercial for the region and Marketing, deliver value propositions that meet their requirements. Traditional sales accountabilities such as HSSE, negotiating and managing contracts, and relationship management are table stakes for this role. Within Shell, the Sales Manager is expected to be the ‘voice of the customer and be responsible for delivering a customer centric environment to the relationships they manage.
The key accountabilities of this roles:
- Executing the commercial HSSE Plan in partnership with Site and Supply Operations colleagues
- Deliver the Sales plan Volume & Margin targets agreed in the annual Business Plan
- Day-to-day management of customer relationships to maximize value for Shell with a customer centric focus
- Lead large, strategic negotiations that deliver win-win value propositions to our customers
- Complete ownership of all your customer contracts, including ensuring full contract value delivery through the Contract Performance Management process
- Expectation that the Sales Manager is aware of all aspects of the customer relationship and defines connections to increase customer centricity
- Develop/strengthen strategic customer relationships to help enable Chemical + Product business growth ambitions
- Help GM Commercial and Marketing develop and execute Commercial Contracting Strategy
- Develop and deliver sales related Integrated Performance Management tactics
- Support Marketing organization by gathering market intelligence, including supply/demand changes, competitive market pricing and movement in overall market dynamics
- Liaise closely with Shell Product Stewardship, Supply, and HSSE teams for commercial contract delivery
What we need from you
We are looking for results driven and customer centric individuals that have the following skills:
- Proven relationship management experience in a B2B setting
- Existing working experiences and knowledge in the Polyurethane or Polyol industry, especially chemical product and product application knowledges
- 3D Negotiation skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Financial and business acumen
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.