Process & Flow Assurance Lead
What’s the role?
As a Process and Flow Assurance Lead, you’ll manage the relation with multiple groups of internal and external stakeholders on a tactical or strategic level. You will manage different interests to drive value for Shell and its partners.
- Design asset optimization activities. Undertakes process engineer/integrator role (depending on the project). Provides a more holistic approach when it comes to discipline integration
- Translates the guidelines and standards into practice and solves the more difficult technical challenges within the asset/internally. Provides and assures technical recommendations, which have a perceptible impact on local business performance; actively drives the identification, development and implementation of new technologies and opportunities to optimize field operations
- Is expected to work with minimal or no technical supervision. Contributes to the training and guidance of other professionals in the field
- May represent the Company externally as a subject matter expert with suppliers, customers and external agencies
- May hold the title ‘Technical Authority’ for projects and operations. Provides assurance to technical work of peers
- Assures the integration across engineering disciplines to achieve delivery, which is safe encompassing all aspects of HSSE - personal/process safety and environment, fit for purpose and meeting cost-value optimization
- Leads discipline team/tasks within design, operation, or maintenance of facilities/plant, interfacing with external stakeholders and managing contractors. More likely to be responsible for a budget
What we need from you
- Minimum master’s degree in chemical engineering or similar engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in the field of flow assurance starting from early project phases and throughout operate phase
- Proficient in OLGA and thermodynamic packages such as PVTsim, Multiflash or STFlash
- Knowledge of LedaFlow is a plus
- Familiar with agile ways
- Open minded and willing to learn new skills
- Good team player with strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills - Fluent in oral and written English. Proficiency in Norwegian language is a plus
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.