Officer Cash & Settlements
Where you fit in
Shell Asset Management Company BV (SAMCo) is the in-house asset manager of the Shell Plc group and provides high quality and cost-effective investment advice and asset management services to its clients. SAMCo is supervised by the Authority for the Financial Markets and the Dutch Central Bank. The total AuM is around USD 80 billion. SAMCo invests in Bonds, Equities, (Cleared) OTC & ETD Derivatives, and Alternative Investments like Private Equity, Real Estate and Hedge Funds globally. Continuous change in financial markets and regulations as well as the diversity of SAMCo’s clients and the products they invest in, makes it a professionally challenging environment to work in.
SAMCo Operations, in total 16 persons, consists of two teams each headed by a supervisor. The two teams are the Settlements team and the Corporate Actions, Static Data and Reconciliation team. Adequate and secure communication (internal and external) between the teams and other departments within SAMCo is crucial for an optimal day-to-day process.
The Settlements team is responsible for all transactions & settlement related activities regarding Equities, Bonds, Repo, Swaps, Futures, FX and Collateral Management. The activities for FX, Equities and Bonds are highly automated and needs therefore mainly monitoring and exception processing. Automation and straight through processing for the other asset classes is- and will be further implemented as well. All these activities have daily deadlines and need to be executed within the time limits effectively and accurately.
Currently we are looking for an Officer Cash & Settlements. In this role you will be responsible to execute the daily activities for, in principle, Collateral.
What’s the role?
Your prime responsibility will be to ensure that the exposure on OTC Derivatives (Interest Rate
Swaps, Inflation Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, Foreign Exchange) and Repo’s
with the different counterparties, is agreed and that the collateral movements are recorded
correctly in the systems. To avoid unintended losses or exposure, adequate follow up on issues and
Frequent / clear communication with the relevant parties both internal and external is crucial. Moreover, we’ll entrust you to:
- Ensure exposures are collateralized by executing the daily margining process.
- Close communication with Portfolio Managers regarding Collateral process.
- Monitoring of the various interfaces between systems and provide adequate follow up.
- Execution of payment instructions
- Active participate in (cross) departmental projects.
- Actively pursue process improvements.
What we need from you
Alongside your HBO level of education, preferably in Financial Services or Economics, you’ll ideally have:
- Multiple years’ experience in the Asset Management industry, preferably Operations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and spoken English and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- The ability to maintain a strong controls framework, high levels of operational excellence and straight through processing.
- IT literacy with at least intermediate/advanced excel spreadsheet skills.
- Knowledge of Global Custody.
- Experience with Simcorp Dimension is advantageous.